AC looking for AME's

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

bombardierfixer
Rank 7
Rank 7

AC looking for AME's

#1 Post by bombardierfixer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:30 pm

AC is starting to pool AME's. Anyone know what is actually going on? Rumors are flying but the there doesn't seem to be any hard facts.
---------- ADS -----------

plhought
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: AC looking for AME's

#2 Post by plhought » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Immediate positions available YYZ/YUL. Pooling a bit for some Western Canada based as people are recalled/transferred back to thier homes (mostly YVR/YWG folk) from what I can tell. Some retirements on the horizon as well.

lupin
Rank 2
Rank 2

#3 Post by lupin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:12 pm

With all the new airplanes (32 new B787 so far, a few B777 in the last 3 years, some A321 and the B737 coming in) while an aging workforce retires, many employees are going to be needed. I think the last number I heard was 120 additional AMEs will be hired into the system for 2018.

AC has hired about 50 new AMEs or soon to be AMEs in YUL in the last 9 months. The employees seem to be coming from SkyRegional, Jazz and some of the other local shops (Air Inuit etc).

YYZ seems to be hiring as well. They have hired over a hundred in the last year.

YVR and YYC are mostly getting a transfer of the YYZ employees.

MZUNGO
Rank 4
Rank 4

#4 Post by MZUNGO » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:51 pm

word around the campfire is that AC is going to need 40-60 people in YVR AFTER everyone transfers from YUL/YYZ. accuracy of said scuttlebutt is up for debate. however I know for a fact there is a massive shortage of experienced AME's in the lower mainland, AC hiring a bunch will not help the situation.
thoughts?

Return to “Maintenance”