AMET course

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

flybynight
Rank 1
Rank 1

AMET course

Post by flybynight »

i have a friend looking into the program and she was asking me about the course, and i was wondering which is the better of the bunch?

I graduated from the SAIT AMET Prog. in 00' and it was a very good course, is there better ones out there?, i'm looking for a poll on the schools based on coming out with the best of hands on as well as book smarts!

are the waiting lists still as long as when i went?

are first year apprentices getting hired (they aren't where i am, no movement)

Thanks Cheers
---------- ADS -----------

KISS_MY_TCAS
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by KISS_MY_TCAS »

Small world, I am also a SAIT AMET '00 grad!! :D

From what I have learned since leaving SAIT, Northern Lights in B.C. seems to be hands down one of if not the best course out there, but from what I have heard they also carry a long waiting list. I imagine that with SAIT's new facility being built, they will be able to increase the number of students enrolled in the program.

As far as new apprentices getting hired, the last few years seems like the more desireable jobs are getting harder to come by, but there are still quite a few available in less desireable locales. There are companies in YYC that hire regularly, but a lot of the work is seasonal and not the most glorious or rewarding places to work.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Maintenance”