Training timelines

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Brice
Rank 1
Rank 1

Training timelines

Post by Brice »

I'm doing a bit of a survey here, so bear with me.

I need to know the timeline that is required for a civilian AME working on M2 cat aircraft, how long it takes from being a green apprentice to being fully type certified (airframe and engines) and being confident to sign off the maintenance release for the entire aircraft.

I've been hearing that its generally around 4-5 years depending on airframe, but would like more input.

Thanks in advance.
---------- ADS -----------

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Training timelines

Post by Heliian »

Minimum requirements are met by doing 2 years of college training and then 2.5 years of apprenticeship. 70% of appropriate tasks filled in in AME log. Once complete, you write the test(s). You pass, you receive licence. Take a type course at some point and have 6 months experience on type and voila, ACA. Some people are lifelong apprentices because they aren't comfortable with the responsibility. When you're ready, you'll know.

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Training timelines

Post by Pacqing »

Is not the ACA issued by your employer or AMO? You could have a M1,M2 with factory training on a type and more than enough experience but until the AMO issues you a ACA you're not releasing for return to service anything.

Return to “Maintenance”