Unifor Local 2002 wishes to announce that voting on the first Air Georgian Collective Agreement has concluded. The results of the ratification vote have been tabulated and the three-year tentative agreement recommended by the Air Georgian Bargaining Committee has been accepted by 91 percent.
Unifor Local 2002 represents approximately 90 members at Air Georgian. The bargaining unit is comprised of various departments such as Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (AMEs), crew schedulers, dispatch, administration, and supply chain based in Toronto and Calgary.
“Following a lengthy round of bargaining sessions, we are pleased that both parties reached an agreement. Given the challenges the Bargaining Committee faced, they were was able to make gains for their membership in many important areas including an increase in wages, removal of a blackout period for vacation, and increase in time bank hours.” “I would like to thank the members of Air Georgian for a high turn out and for ratifying their first collective agreement.”, said Euila Leonard, President of Local 2002.
The highlights of three (3) year Collective Agreement include the following:
- Significant wage Increases
- New job classifications for SOCC (Senior Crew Scheduler and Chief Duty Dispatcher)
- Expedited arbitration process
- Social Justice Fund and Paid Education Leave (PEL) – $500.00 each to be paid by the Company
- Company to pay for all requested doctor’s note
- Sick pay cannot be removed from your Overtime Vacation – no blackout period, entitlement 1-3yrs (80 hrs), 3-5 yrs. (96 hrs), 5-10 yrs. (120 hrs) +10 yrs. (160 hrs)
- Time Bank – increased to 72 hours
- Training – equal access to training
- Safety Footwear – one pair of CSA approved safety boots $150.00/2 year period.
The Bargaining Committee would like to thank the entire membership who took the time to attend the ratification meetings and ratified this first Collective Agreement. Please ensure that you have subscribed to Unifor 2002’s e-news service at www.unifor2002.org
Our fight is your fight, and we will continue to fight for equality as we build a stronger more relevant Union. Unifor is a Union for Everyone!