Questions about assessment of basic training for AME license

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Valerie Wang
Rank 0
Rank 0

Questions about assessment of basic training for AME license

Post by Valerie Wang »

Hi guys!
there is a question that bothers me a lot and i'm desperate for help on this.
I'M a foreign AME license holder with more than 8 yrs experience in this and seeking for ways to get an Canada AME license. This June I submitted my graduate certificate to the TC office along with my license and type rating certificate and the transcript in school for their assessment. Yesterday I got their response, that is a letter, stating that the prove of basic training is needed.

As a foreign license holder, i received my training both at school and work. Unlike the ones who get their training in TC approved organizations, we don't have a "certificate" for that and I can only provide some training records on the curriculum the TC asked.

My big question is in what format should I list the training programs? I find out there is a Theoretical Curriculum Requirements of STD 566 - Appendix C http://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/aviatio ... ndard.html
Can I just fill in this form and submit it to the TC? otherwise, is there other forms or samples that i can follow?

besides, i also find part V - Chapter 566 Appendix C - Part 2 Curriculum and Topic Guides for Small and Large Aircraft Maintenance Training Standard

The training that i received in my country can totally cover the requirements of the TC basic training but I'm really confused about how should i display my training so they can show that i have meet their requirements.

any information will be appreciated!
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Maintenance”