Maintenance Control Manual

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Edo
Rank 7
Rank 7

Maintenance Control Manual

Post by Edo »

Does anyone know if TC has a generic MCM published.

They have one for the Operations Manual and it was easier to get apporved b/c the inspector reconises the format and knows where to look for esch item on the compliance checklist.

I cannot seem to find one on the TC site - but may not be in the right place thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

PITA
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PITA »

There is one I have found and I think it is under the MSI pubs. I am not at work so do not have access to the company computer but will give you the info tmw if nobody comes up with it tonite.

PITA

Edo
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Edo »

pita - thanks, I cannot find anything on the TC site!! it needs some serious redesign work

BusDriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BusDriver »

I don't know how to post a link 'cause I am a retard, but....

Go to TC.GC.Ca, Civil Aviation, select Maintenance and Maanufacturing,
Oh wait justgo here: http://www.tc.gc.ca/civilaviation/maint ... s/menu.htm

or search for Document # TC 14408

Good luck, Flucker

Pierre Maguire should have his larnyx ripped out! IDIOT!
Billy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Billy »

Edo, there is one which is free of charge from the local Transport office, it is called Small Operator Maintenance Control Manual (SOMCM). you put the minimum information in it specific to your operation. Like PITA said it is an MSI #16 you will find it on Transports site if you use the search. it lists the conditions in which you may use SOMCM. Depends on your operation and aircraft.

Edo
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Edo »

Thanks for the link to TP 14408 this gives me the guidelines and requirments to write a MCM

We cannot use the SOMCM as it is limited to 3 aircraft. Years ago we had a full MCM and were operating 2 a/c we were told to change to the SOMCM. Now we have grown and need it again. the old MCM is too outdated. :?

On the operations side they have made a generic operation manual - its in word format, you just download it and change it to reflect your operation

Return to “Maintenance”