PORTER COMMUTER AME

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

dstechnical
Rank 2
Rank 2

PORTER COMMUTER AME

Post by dstechnical »

INTERESTED In feedback from anyone doing the porter ame commuter job. 7 pm 7 off. Pay shifts hours etc.
Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: PORTER COMMUTER AME

Post by dashx »

I doubt anyone will respond. If you are an ACA on the Q400 the pay will be good and the rent is free (poor choice of words). Twelve hour shifts, nights.
Plus there is always the $15 ($25??)K bonus (taxable) when you join.

and if you know the Q the work is not that hard......(hard to believe unless you hate changing blades).......

chowda
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: PORTER COMMUTER AME

Post by chowda »

The bonus is only if you have the Q400 endorsement, I don't believe it's lump sum. Last I was told it was crew house accommodation, they only commute you within their network, steady grave yard shifts, lots of apprentices(that's who will work for the pay).
To each their own, but the pay is very mediocre if your experienced and the q400, personally, is a great big POS. You will be chasing avionic snags, prop blade and god knows what else, nightly.

If you need work, have at it. It's pretty much a given they will take you if you have a license. I wasn't tempted in the least by the phone call and the dude was a little irate at that. Kept repeating, "but its a good offer!".

Maybe for Porter it is.

My phone call was several months ago so possibly details are different, but I doubt it.

Not surprised they are still looking, lol.

Return to “Maintenance”