AME Training

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

av8tor_assrope
Rank 6
Rank 6

AME Training

Post by av8tor_assrope »

hey guys/gals. i’m a little curious about the ame trade, but i’m really confused regarding the process of becoming an ame. is it mandatory to attend one of the colleges? can a company just hire you and let you start apprenticing until you reach the hrs required to write your exams? also there’s schools in the US (embry-riddle being one of them)that even offer degrees in aviation maintenance via distance online learning. would a program like that suffice in canada and satisfy any of the tc requirements?. could you work on a program like that while also apprenticing with a company here in canada?

cheers
---------- ADS -----------

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
fmrc3ame
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fmrc3ame »

In the good old days you could just do an apprenticeship but nowadays it is quite a complicated system to navigate. In a lot of instances it is up to the regional office you apply to as to whether or not they approve your training background. I'd use the transport Canada website as a reference.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/civilaviation/maint ... l/menu.htm
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Maintenance”