Robinson R66 Maintenance Course

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

2aT
Rank 0
Rank 0

Robinson R66 Maintenance Course

Post by 2aT »

R66 Upgrade course will be held in Stoney Creek, Ontario in September 2021. Interested AME's must have 3 years minimum of working on R44's and successful completion of a Rolls Royce M250 any series Engine course. Private message for further information.
---------- ADS -----------

Choppermech1986
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Robinson R66 Maintenance Course

Post by Choppermech1986 »

Please post price and length of course, or PM me if it's terribly sensitive.

Thanks!

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

2aT wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:49 am R66 Upgrade course will be held in Stoney Creek, Ontario in September 2021. Interested AME's must have 3 years minimum of working on R44's and successful completion of a Rolls Royce M250 any series Engine course. Private message for further information.
Fantastic! Will this course have TCCA accreditation for both airframe and engine?

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

2aT wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:49 am R66 Upgrade course will be held in Stoney Creek, Ontario in September 2021. Interested AME's must have 3 years minimum of working on R44's and successful completion of a Rolls Royce M250 any series Engine course. Private message for further information.
Who’s the ATO providing this course? Is there an R66 initial airframe course offered on another date or is the differences all that’s offered? I have a few that might be interested, TIA

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Heliian wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:20 am
Fantastic! Will this course have TCCA accreditation for both airframe and engine?
That would be really good.

2aT
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 2aT »

Sorry everyone for the late reply, it's been a busy month and I've let this slip out of thought. This course is TCCA accredited for the airframe and engine, approval TC-2018-04-4263. Again requirements are that the AME must have successfully completed a Rolls-Royce M250 course and minimum 3 years working on R44's or 22's. This will not be an engine-intensive course.

This is the only TC approved course being offered in Canada for this year. TC does not recognize the Robinson factory course (R22/R44/R66) for approval and obviously we as AME's don't need type training to sign out R44s. So this course will allow an AME to work on all three models in Canada.

The approved course length is 17.5 hours - we'll be aiming to complete it in two days. I don't have a firm date set in September but most likely it will be the third or fourth week in.

I'm working with the instructor on the cost, I should have a final number by next week.

Feel free to email me with any questions or concerns, marc@helilynx.com

Return to “Maintenance”