Rocky Mountain Aircraft?/other Calgary companies

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

crazybushman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Rocky Mountain Aircraft?/other Calgary companies

Post by crazybushman »

Hey Guys/Gals,

Have you heard good things about this company? If not, please pm me with the details, otherwise, shoot away. I see that they are looking for guys right now. Any other companies looking by word of mouth?

I'm kind of in the market for a full time job until October at least, after which I plan on spending a year travelling south america. Plans change, we'll see.... Either way, I will be making clear to whichever employer I work for that I plan on leaving so there won't be any surprises/hurt feelings when the time comes. I'm in Sask. right now, but I'll be moving out to Calgary in a week or two to find a job.

Cheers!
---------- ADS -----------

Aviation is like a box of chocolates.....
KISS_MY_TCAS
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by KISS_MY_TCAS »

Well, from what I have heard.....if you like scrubbing corrosion out of bellies and have dreams of going through barrels of LPS3, RMA is a great place to work. Everyone I have ever known that has worked there did not spend too much time there, they very quickly moved on. Although the work is not always glamorous, I have never heard any complaints about the people in the company, they seem to be a good group of guys.

crazybushman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by crazybushman »

Thanks for the tip! (although I have put up with worse things for longer periods of time in the past :-))

I was itching for a road trip last night so I drove to Calgary, early this morning I had a job at Borek. Looks like a really nice place with a great bunch of guys! (I already know some of them) I was amazed to see so many specialty shops all building parts and pieces for the T/O! I was used to being a jack-of-all trades (no more breathing Endura, yippeeee!!!) See y'all in the arctic!!

Cheers!

flyboeing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by flyboeing »

never worked at RMA or have I ever been in the shop but like the past posts i hear there is tonnes of scrubbing corrosion out of bellies. Haven't really heard much good from them

kilpicki
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by kilpicki »

Hay crazybushman if you can check the log times on KBA's T/O's and see the highest time.

Have fun in Inuvik, from what I hear its busy again.

crazybushman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by crazybushman »

I'll keep my eye out for the highest time t/o, they probably own it, although by the looks of things in Calgary, a 30K plane would be hard to tell apart from a 3K plane :D At the last place I worked, a 25K T/O looked like a 25K T/O, after 30 years without a paint job, they start to look like a quilt, all the bumps and bruises get touched up with various shades of colour over the years....

Cheers!

tcas
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tcas »

Did you work for Bearskin or is the multi colour touch up industry wide?

Return to “Maintenance”