Require maintenance information for King Air 90,100, or A100

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Apex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Require maintenance information for King Air 90,100, or A100

Post by Apex »

Hi Folks,

Wonder if someone could help me out. I am looking for some ballpark numbers on yearly maintenance costs to run a King Air 90, 100 or A100. The aircraft will probably do about 400 hours per year.

I am going through the budgeting process and need to fill in a few blanks. I originally budgeted $150 per flight hour for maintenance issues, I'm not sure if this is reasonable or not.

I am calculating the engine and prop reserve seperately.

Any assistance or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Apex
---------- ADS -----------

ozame
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ozame »

This will totally depend on the aircraft you get. Its easy....get a pile of crap = spend a pile. These A/C are getting old and if not retrofitted with newer Avionics will cost you $$ to fix. Also the upgrades and mods it has can save big coin, if done. Your estamate is higher than what Ive seen spent maybe around $100/hr is more resonable and we put on 1000/ yr. But totally depends on the A/C. If shes good then you will get away with less than that too.

chubbee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chubbee »

be aware of bigger items like spar strap insp and landing gear overhaul, maybe break them out as you have with engines and props as separate items. The old school avionics basic radio nav package (collins or king) is pretty reliable but older autopilot, rnav and radar stuff can be a headache and costly. Mechanical gear??? Aaaah! unless it is meticulously maintained.
Numbers $$ per hr? don't know.

Apex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Apex »

Thanks for the information.

Any idea what a spar strap inspection or gear overhaul would cost?

Thanks again.

Apex.

ozame
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ozame »

The "spar strap" is an AD. Its due every 500 hrs unless there is a strap under the wings. Its all NDT work $800-1500 depending on the interval. Gear Overhaul is expensive, depends if you go exchange or get it done by an AMO. Expect it around $25,000, but this is every 6yrs. And again depends on the A/C condition and mod status of gear.

Apex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Apex »

Thanks, that gives me an idea.

Appreciate all the information.

Apex

Return to “Maintenance”