Airfame and Powerplant Mechanics

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

rscrux
Rank 0
Rank 0

Airfame and Powerplant Mechanics

Post by rscrux »

Hey I am a Canadian and I went to school in the states to get my Airframe and Powerplant certification. I was just wondering if there are any employers in Canada who would hire a A&P with 3 years exp on light singles and twins. If not then I was wondering if anyone knew how A&P's transfer over to AME's? Let me know
---------- ADS -----------

planeguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

A&P in Canada

Post by planeguy »

I have an A&P and i'm a 4th year AME apprentice. Companies up here would recognize this license but don't seem to give more than a quarter of a shit. To get your AME, you gotta go to a Canadian school for the 2 years and do the three technical exams plus CARs plus the logbook tasks and the 4 years of experience. If you can get the 1.5 year accreditation from Transport Canada by having 95% attendance in school and all courses above 70%, they'll chop 1.5 years off of the necessary 4 years. So you might be ready to write. I just found this out in the second week of March 2004 from transport canada as I just recently received my A&P. Call TC, they're usually pretty disorganised, you might be able to pull something off if they'd recognize the school you went to.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Maintenance”