what about avionics E and standard practise for E exams?

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

getthat
Rank 1
Rank 1

what about avionics E and standard practise for E exams?

Post by getthat »

Hi guys
all i see here is the discussion about airframe and engine exams and topic but since my subject is E so i would like to know about how it is for avionics?
which chapter is more important and where r most of the questions from? I am good in radio but not very good in instruments and autopilot. so please friends discuss some topics on avionics E exams too,.
and one more thing,, is the standard practices for airframe and engine and avionics same or is it different?
thank u so much.
hope i will get some help.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by getthat on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rotorhead350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: what about avionics E and standard practise for E exams?

Post by rotorhead350 »

Try working on spelling and using proper english to begin with. Nothing bothers me more than people taking shortcuts!

log sheet
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Northwestern ON, but the Heart belongs to the Rock!lol

Post by log sheet »

getthat wrote:is the standard practices for airframe and engine and avionics same or is it different?
Different Exam, but then again it would have to be, really wouldn't be fair to the M Guy's giving them an exam like that :P :lol:

Seriously though, I have written Standard Practices for both an E rating and for an M rating AME Licence and when I wrote they were different.
getthat wrote:which chapter is more important
They are all inportant you can be asked anything and everything on the Transport exams.(There are no shortcuts!)

Good luck!

GIT-R-DONE!
getthat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by getthat »

Thanks for the reply.
one thing, when u appeared for exam you might have referred some book and some model questions. I have seen lots of model questions from the FAA for airframe and powerplant but not really anything for avionics.
Can you please refer me some books which you find are most important and some model questions as well if you know.
I just wanted to have an idea like what type of questions are really asked?
Thank You

getthat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by getthat »

rotorhead350 wrote:Try working on spelling and using proper english to begin with. Nothing bothers me more than people taking shortcuts!
ooh we have some english professor too in this forum.
dude dont bother about the grammar, if u get the meaning then thats enough because we are not discussing about the spelling and grammar errors here,.

GAC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GAC »

[quotrotorhead350 wrote:
Try working on spelling and using proper english to begin with. Nothing bothers me more than people taking shortcuts!

ooh we have some english professor too in this forum.
dude dont bother about the grammar, if u get the meaning then thats enough because we are not discussing about the spelling and grammar errors here,.e][/quote]

lol
sorry I mean Laugh out loud

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by dashx »

FAA for airframe and powerplant but not really anything for avionics.
Using the FAA study books is almost (but not completely) useless to study from. Remember those books are a study (and a memory aid) for people getting ready to write their AMERICAN licence (A&P). Remember all the answers and you will get 100%.

The Canadian exams are different. In most cases the questions are basic. And of course they will put in a question that some guy working on radials most of his life just might get right.

It´s been a long time since I wrote my exams. I do however have old exams (that somebody else gave me...l(ut you do feverishly sit down afterwards and put down on paper what you do remember especially things you could´t get right in the exam) that I could look for when I return to Kanada.

Maybe i´ll try to dig them up.

But let´s face it. If you went to school and graduated got a job and got some practical experience it should not be that difficult to GIT-R-DONE..........

Boot to the head......

getthat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by getthat »

[quote="dashx'']

I do however have old exams (that somebody else gave me...l(ut you do feverishly sit down afterwards and put down on paper what you do remember especially things you could´t get right in the exam) that I could look for when I return to Kanada.

Maybe i´ll try to dig them up.

[/quote]

dashx:
If u have some old questions then why not share it man? But if you dont want to then I cant say anything. But sharing is caring right? I dont have any information about the TC exam. I dont have any study guide or anything and dont have any people from aviation around me to really ask anything. So I was asking for some help and advice here in this forum. I just wanted to have a particular idea about the exams. And the question pattern is different in every country.
Thanks for the reply though.
I am planing to go for the first exam in the end of this month and I am planning to write the avionics before standard practise.
Lets see how it goes.

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by dashx »

getthat: Did you write your first exam?

I finally dug up some old exams and they are ready .....

DanNat26
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DanNat26 »

2 dashx.
It will be nice to have the questions. I have the same situation.I need to pass the same exams. If GETTHAT will share his experience about exam, it would be great. I still have the same questions about the best reference/textbook to be prepared for AVIONICS exam. Could somebody advice about it. Any idea will be appreciated.Thanks in advance

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by dashx »

FYI gentlemen (ladies)

These exams were given to me almost 15 years ago and they are handwritten...

I have them in pdf format now so if you want to see avionics (and mechanics) questions from 20 years ago I dont think TC would cry too much.

But then again the basics haven't changed. At least i hope not.

And if memory serves me correct the CARs website does have recommended books to study from.

:-) -x

DanNat26
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DanNat26 »

2GETTHAT. Did you get your first exam?
2Dashx. You are right about reference book. but what it the best one to match TC requirements?

NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by NeverBlue »

...I need to pass the exam...

Should be...I need to understand the material and be able to apply my understanding to the examination I am taking.

...everyone wants but nobody wants to work for... :roll:

binny45
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by binny45 »

I'm in the same boat. Because I had trained through the Canadian Military system, I have to write the Standard Practices, Avionics and CARS exams.

There seems to be plenty of practice exams and material for the CARS exam, but I've been able to find nothing on the other two.

getthat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by getthat »

hi guys. sorry for not replying for a long time. i had gone for the avionics exams but missed by some 3 marks.
anyway i can share the questions with all of you. i will write them up and discuss. i have some doubts too. we shall discuss those too.
Dashx,, can u post your questions to here please

AcDave
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AcDave »

Any tips on these exams? Currently studying for the Avionic standard practices and Avionic exam
Jeppesen books are huge and I am studying alot but any help would be greatly appreciated

Return to “Maintenance”