Re: Kenn Borek

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

vulcan66
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vulcan66 »

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone who might be working or has worked at Kenn Borek might be able to give a little insight as to the wages and the overall type of place it is to work. Just in case, I am asking for the maintenance side of things.
Thanks in advance for your time.
---------- ADS -----------

madcapmagition
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by madcapmagition »

wages are alright, before I was layed off they had a wage freeze. so no raises and all new hires start lower than whats normal. As for maintenance side of things, expect to do a lot of the same job over, time restraints, and crap management (same reason for lay off). Be expected to do rotations north and south with poor per diem.

other than that there some really good guys that work there and some not. don't expect to much in terms of standards of employment and you'll do fine.

If I sound bitter about borek its not due to the work, but the poor management that is there. Especially that VP who is a complete idiot.

kilpicki
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by kilpicki »

please correct me if I'm wrong but you don't get a base pay for your time off if you're on a rotation

if you're doing a 4 and 4 or 5 and 5 you come home for 5 weeks with no pay and as mentioned the wages dont reflect this and in the end you're eating KD

most places give you a base pay for time off, enough to pay the mortgage

ever wonder why the're always advertising for guys

they don't have to advertise for pilots, they'd shaft their best bud for a KBA slot and work for KD wages.. but experienced maintenance people, forget it.

Return to “Maintenance”