Maintenance Engineers

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

inspectionsthatwork
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Maintenance Engineers

Post by inspectionsthatwork »

I have an M1M2 license, both since 2005.
Send me your info, location, etc etc.

John
---------- ADS -----------

hijazi0019
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by hijazi0019 »

Do you still have job offer?
I am from Pakistan and I wish to relocate.
If still job exists, I can share my credentials with you.
I have AME License on Airbus A320F and A330 with 09 years of experience out of which 05 years as certifying engineer. If you have any vacancy, please contact me at hijazi.19@gmail.com

johnwa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by johnwa »

That may have something to do with your location. I would come on rotation or contract, but not full-time. 23 years in Yellowknife 2 vacations. In most cases, engineers get paid way less than when rests on our shoulders, hence wages are the number one driving force why people motivate themself to enter that field - and get disappointed. Even as a contractor, they have the gust paying us 35,00 per hour while full well knowing that this is a business and not employment.
I would say, make a decent offer, take care of travel and logistics would be willing to work away from wife and home.

Keep it Safe.
John
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

johnwa wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:12 pm That may have something to do with your location. I would come on rotation or contract, but not full-time. 23 years in Yellowknife 2 vacations. In most cases, engineers get paid way less than when rests on our shoulders, hence wages are the number one driving force why people motivate themself to enter that field - and get disappointed. Even as a contractor, they have the gust paying us 35,00 per hour while full well knowing that this is a business and not employment.
I would say, make a decent offer, take care of travel and logistics would be willing to work away from wife and home.
$35/hr contract?!?

johnwa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by johnwa »

I am almost certain that it is not you or your company that is to blame on the issue. Anyone looking into working for you also will notice that Thunder Bay is a location to be get used to. I have been driving through a few times now and the condition of this town, would not make me move there if I had children to raise. Luckily, I dont. So I might be interested.

Keep it Safe.
John
ilndflyers1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ilndflyers1 »

I need AMEs M2 for either Grimsby or Buttonville or both for my AMO taking care of Cessna 150, 152, 172, PA28 and Seneca airplanes. Unlicensed will be considered pending experience level. Please email us at Larry.airpartners@gmail.com for further information.
Thanks

1ajs
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 1ajs »

anyone deal with runway lights have tips for troubleshooting and finding bad power packs?

and strobes?

dealing with stuff that hasnt been maintained in 10+yrs and its starting to flake

like are the pits with lids supposed to be berried that have the power transformers and plugs in them?
just dug them all up as the runway lights here quit found one unpluged after pumping the water out

doesnt seem to be any spec out there on any of this stuff

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

1ajs wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:31 pm anyone deal with runway lights have tips for troubleshooting and finding bad power packs?

and strobes?

dealing with stuff that hasnt been maintained in 10+yrs and its starting to flake

like are the pits with lids supposed to be berried that have the power transformers and plugs in them?
just dug them all up as the runway lights here quit found one unpluged after pumping the water out

doesnt seem to be any spec out there on any of this stuff
This has nothing to do with ame’s, you should start a new topic for airfield maintaining etc

1ajs
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 1ajs »

said maintenance thought was the place to ask

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

1ajs wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:39 pm said maintenance thought was the place to ask
You’re close lol maybe start a new thread in general comments about airfield maintenance? I’m sure someone out there will know someone that does it.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Necropost. Everyone should read this thread front to back that’s thinking about being an AME in Canada.

Stomper

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Good read lol

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

The constant ads fro AME’s, AME’s “without a licence”,(whatever that means, Journeymen AME’s, and just plain heartbeats makes me wonder. What is happening in aviation? Is it expanding? Are people quitting in droves? What is going on in the biz these days? Desperation? Enquiring minds want to know. Seems to be from all the usual bottom feeders plus the odd midwater feeder.

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Im curious also.

Contract offers arenot even what they were 10 years ago, in either quality or quantity, yet almost anybody I talk to goes on about how shorthanded they are and you see the same ad's repeated here.

johnwa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by johnwa »

Companies in general are just like us, they don't want to mess with you. They might need you again soon.

Keep it Safe.
John
MrFixit
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MrFixit »

From what I understand is covid really pushed back aviation and a lot of licensed AMEs retired.. now us students are having a very hard time finding apprenticeships that aren't 4000km+ away. It's a bit daunting really.

Return to “Maintenance”