can foreigner get AME M license in canada?

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Fuzzy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: can foreigner get AME M license in canada?

Post by Fuzzy »

Hi
Iam working as Avionic Technician for 8 yrs. 3 yrs in Avionics workshop and 5 yrs in line maintenance avionics.
I have done diploma in aerospace engineering and Bachelor in Aircraft Engineering.
How do i apply for canada AME E licence exam? Or do i need to do basic training course from canada to get accepted by TC? Would my gulf experience will be accepted?
I have recently got selected for Quebec immigration and now processing for federal. It will take some time to process for permanent residence to issue, I need guidance how i proceed to get canada AME E licence so i can get job in quebec.
Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pacqing »

Go to the nearest TC office and speak to someone, they will look at your papers and determine what you have to do.

spance
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by spance »

AGG wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:10 pm Hi there, I´m foreigner I have been working in the aviation field 4 years (B737 and A320 Experience).
last year I went to Transport Canada office, the chief inspector recommend this course https://www.icslearn.ca/programs/trades ... -mechanics is a short course, (all the books are from Jeppesen.) I think the most difficult part is get a job offer and then get the work permit.. but if is your goal, let´s go !!!

Regards..
hi, I'm new here.im from Taiwan who also wants to work in Canada as an aircraft mechanic.after all these years is there any answer of how to get the license for foreigners? i study aerospace for my college degree.

Return to “Maintenance”