ICS Canada AME Course

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: ICS Canada AME Course

Post by Pat Richard »

Thread is 7 years old...
---------- ADS -----------

butterflyRotors
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by butterflyRotors »

CBAME wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:55 am The best way the ICS course works is if you are an E licensed person and want a M or you already have a job and a AMO of flying club, and need it to get a license. I know of a few you got a start like this, first they got a job then they liked it then took the ICS course and eventually got a AME license

It also helps out with Foreign applicants, they have some education and experience but need to meet the CARS.

Just my 2 cents worth, goof luck
what about S license ?

vinzer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vinzer »

Resourecting old thread...
Is there any way of getting approved online course for E-license, similar to ICS? So far I can’t find any part time or online course for E. ICS offers M1/2 only which I do not need.
Assume I work at AMO and want to keep my job while studying for my E license. I can not quit my job for 2 years (wife, kids) so there should be some other way around to study online and then challenging exams at TC while keeping my shop work.

Flying PA28-235C
Building RV-10
My RV10 YouTube Build Blog
John Bull
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by John Bull »

No.

No part time courses that I am aware of, either.

KaZUcHen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by KaZUcHen »

CBAME wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:55 am The best way the ICS course works is if you are an E licensed person and want a M or you already have a job and a AMO of flying club, and need it to get a license. I know of a few you got a start like this, first they got a job then they liked it then took the ICS course and eventually got a AME license

It also helps out with Foreign applicants, they have some education and experience but need to meet the CARS.

Just my 2 cents worth, goof luck
How long does this ICS course take?

Brainworks
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Brainworks »

I am new to taking the AME course via ICs and it is the most grueling thing in online learning for me . Do you know of an easier way to find the answers . there is like no way that ti will be able to finish as fast. the book it actually so bad for a textbook

Return to “Maintenance”