Encore AME jobs

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Deadeye
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Encore AME jobs

Post by Deadeye »

Nice try. RK is there and a good buddy of mine. $33.10 + 7% aca AME. $36.41+7% aca Lead. $38.07 + 7%Crew Chief. These are the Top of scale. Feel free to check. Since you can get the "real scale" go ahead and post away. PM me your email and I'll save you the trouble and send them direct.
---------- ADS -----------

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

OK, well it takes 6-7 years to get to those numbers. WJ Main line (737) start at those numbers. Did your buddy by chance tell you what the starting numbers are at Encore? because they are still dismal and unchanged. Disclaimer, I worked at WestJet for a few years so I have access to both scales from friends that are still there.

The problem isn't the numbers you mentioned, it is the starting salary that blows at Encore and the amount of time it takes to make a decent salary. Stack up a Porter AME vs. Encore AME and it takes 5 years for the Encore AME to catch up.

Again I am not saying that Encore is a bad place etc...just saying that they are behind in wages.

jetsetfly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jetsetfly »

The guys who signed up with Encore from the start initially were bumped to the top of the pay scale from what I have been told so they are sitting at around 33 or more an hour plus the ACA pay. They will catch up with Mainline very soon from what I am seeing as Mainline Wages are not getting increased much but hopefully with the 767 coming in and the selected few who get the Endoresment on that will hopefully get a raise but who knows they might even contract that out

ScaredKnuckles
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ScaredKnuckles »

Troublshoot, I'm pretty sure I know who you are (Wind Farmer)....but I wont post your initials. You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. I actually work at WJ and have been involved with AMEA in the comp negotiations with Encore. You have made yourself look like an idiot throughout this whole thread. No one viewing this should put an once of stock in anything you say. You said the wage increase was not true and that you called out a guy to post numbers. He did and he is correct. Haven't seen the scale you said you were going to post. I would suspect you probably didn't even take the offer to get the scale from Deadeye .Since you are so privy to all this info perhaps you can educate us on the Encore scale and how it compares to Jazz and Porter. I will say this. Encore will hire based on experience and past performance. They will pay for quality not just years in the industry. An experienced AME with proven performance in the industry would be brought in at the top end and top out within 1 to 2 yrs and with that making more than what they ( jazz and Porter) are at. I have the comparisons, its what was used in the proposal matrix. First year licensed AME of course level 1 of 6. Everyone pays there dues. Your next idiotic statement that Mainline hires on at the same as a topped out AME at Encore is wrong as well. Please, I would love for you to post and educate us in that regard as well. Low 20s was the wage issue when this started. The Encore guys stuck it out and fought. Got it up over $10 hr and its being revisited in the spring. You may see all WJ techs get the same rate if the EVP don't want to continue the tiered pay scale when the 67s come online. Ill make you a second offer....how bout you PM me your email and I will send you the scales so you can educate all of us on the TRUTH.
By the way all the shit Troubleshoot posts about how good he has it as a wind farm manager is BS. Might be Wind Turbine tech at best. Mabey 28-30hr at most working in shit conditions living in a shithole town. But....it has a WalMart Thank God!. Don't let this guy fool you. His talk is mostly BS at that, proven by his last couple of post.
Carry on and keep talking S**t cause it seems like that's all you do.

UnderPX
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by UnderPX »

Come on Troubleshot.
We're all waiting for you to post and educate us on pay Scales that you said you would. Let's see your comparisons. First you call out a guy to post some numbers, which he did while ensuring everyone here that there was no increase ( miracle raise ), which there has been. It's not news. It went through last week. I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about. Seems like you are on here to just run your mouth and make everyone think you know something. Pretty weak trait. Glad you washed out of aviation. Pretty obvious why. Ironic your handle is Troubleshot. Comm'on you talk the big talk. You KNOW guys at WJ. Let's see your numbers and comparison to Jazz, Porter and WJ Mainline.

NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by NeverBlue »

just saying that they are behind in wages.

...not behind Air Canada...

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

:?:

Air Canada
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (490.36 KiB) Viewed 7462 times

NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by NeverBlue »

...everybody starts at the same point and it takes time for your wage to increase to the top...no difference at all.

DeRated
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DeRated »

Those are AC not Jazz. Even so, AC is on a 10 year scale. Encore 6 years. Plus they hire at year 4 if you have the proven goods to bring, just not a license and a smile. Minus union dues add in WJ profit share, owner performance and stock. Encore is far better. BTW Mainline dose not start at Encore top rates. Either post the Encore scales like you said you would or refrain from running you trap like you actually know something. From all your previous comments, it would seem you don't. Keep swingin for the fences. You just keep looking more and more like an idiot.

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

ScaredKnuckles wrote:Troublshoot, I'm pretty sure I know who you are (Wind Farmer)....but I wont post your initials. You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. I actually work at WJ and have been involved with AMEA in the comp negotiations with Encore. You have made yourself look like an idiot throughout this whole thread. No one viewing this should put an once of stock in anything you say. You said the wage increase was not true and that you called out a guy to post numbers. He did and he is correct. Haven't seen the scale you said you were going to post. I would suspect you probably didn't even take the offer to get the scale from Deadeye .Since you are so privy to all this info perhaps you can educate us on the Encore scale and how it compares to Jazz and Porter. I will say this. Encore will hire based on experience and past performance. They will pay for quality not just years in the industry. An experienced AME with proven performance in the industry would be brought in at the top end and top out within 1 to 2 yrs and with that making more than what they ( jazz and Porter) are at. I have the comparisons, its what was used in the proposal matrix. First year licensed AME of course level 1 of 6. Everyone pays there dues. Your next idiotic statement that Mainline hires on at the same as a topped out AME at Encore is wrong as well. Please, I would love for you to post and educate us in that regard as well. Low 20s was the wage issue when this started. The Encore guys stuck it out and fought. Got it up over $10 hr and its being revisited in the spring. You may see all WJ techs get the same rate if the EVP don't want to continue the tiered pay scale when the 67s come online. Ill make you a second offer....how bout you PM me your email and I will send you the scales so you can educate all of us on the TRUTH.
By the way all the shit Troubleshoot posts about how good he has it as a wind farm manager is BS. Might be Wind Turbine tech at best. Mabey 28-30hr at most working in shit conditions living in a shithole town. But....it has a WalMart Thank God!. Don't let this guy fool you. His talk is mostly BS at that, proven by his last couple of post.
Carry on and keep talking S**t cause it seems like that's all you do.

OK I'm a BS'ing "wind farmer"...ok "comp negotiations" guy.... show me the real numbers then. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Seems to me all you have done is post baseless information, the same thing you are accusing me of. Three "first posters" are all attacking me...seems kinda trolly...I'm done with this. But I'll still get the Encore scale.

NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by NeverBlue »

all attacking me...
No they're not...just responding...you put it out there....you're the one that's been attacking throughout this thread.

How can you say something is "baseless information" when it's coming from the "horses mouth"?

Face it...it's over...you walked out of WJ and Porter and all the others that you claim in this industry years ago now... you don't know everything anymore...move on...

Do yourself a favour...leave it be... :|

ourkid2000
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ourkid2000 »

Easy everyone, sheesh....

Maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong. The bottom line is that Encore isn't going to win the race paying these high wages, if these are indeed accurate #'s. After all, aren't they trying to be the #1 low cost regional trying to carve a chunk out of the West? They're not going to do it paying AC wages are they? I'm not complaining by no means but aren't cheap labor costs the reason why these carriers exist in the first place?

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

Ok so I have the Tech Dept. scales for Encore (thanks M. via facebook)

So you see ladies and gentlemen how people may get the wrong idea (like I did) when someone comes to thread to share a salary and only post the very top of the scale...Of course that looks good, any AMO could post the top of their scale and it would look very attractive.

Ok, I'll say first that I was wrong. The salaries for 2014 have gone up, in my defense the first guy WestJet I asked via text told me (and I quote) "not really much has changed there".

I had to copy this outta FB messenger FYI, but they are 100% accurate.
Encore.PNG
Encore.PNG (10.09 KiB) Viewed 7262 times

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

$33 after 5 years??? :lol:

Yeah, that changes everything....no, wait...it's the extra buck an hour at the bottom..yeah, thats it...

Line starts behind me...no pushing or shoving.

What a game changer for encore

:lol:

PHUKED UP INDUSTRY

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Wow........ :shock:

2002 called and they want their wages back

Either that or maybe we should go back to $0.60/L gas, $3/gal milk, and $150,000 detached five bedroom houses. :rolleyes:

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

/l\ HA HA HA HA

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by azimuthaviation »

Someone can clarify?

After five years means what? Five years experience? Five years licensed? Or five years at Encore? No ones been at Encore for five years so if there are people at step 4 5 and 6 are they 5 years licensed?

And what is the +7% is what?
Deadeye wrote: $33.10 + 7% aca AME. $36.41+7% aca Lead. $38.07 + 7%Crew Chief

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

azimuthaviation wrote:Someone can clarify?

After five years means what? Five years experience? Five years licensed? Or five years at Encore? No ones been at Encore for five years so if there are people at step 4 5 and 6 are they 5 years licensed?

And what is the +7% is what?
Deadeye wrote: $33.10 + 7% aca AME. $36.41+7% aca Lead. $38.07 + 7%Crew Chief

Ok the 7% is an ACA premium so you have to be endorsed and be given ACA authority, 7% of your hourly rate. So if you are brought in at the Starting rate ($22.48/HR) and given that shiny Q400 endorsement you've always dreamed of, you now are signing out a transport category aircraft for $24.05/HR.... The "steps" in the scale you are referring to are years at Encore. I would assume after 5 years you would probably only get cost of living raises (2% maybe, dunno). Every company does that different so they may have set structure for that. Perhaps "ScaredKnuckles" can comment seeing he is on the AMEA and is directly involved in "comp negotiations"

Encore may bring you in at higher "step" based on experience but this is very subjective I'm sure. They may have a matrix for that but I am not a 100% sure. For example, If you are 7 years licenced you may get put into Step 3 or something similar.

Here are the rates for AML and MOC also. They aren't super bad...but these positions don't come up that often.
Encore2.JPG
Encore2.JPG (50.85 KiB) Viewed 7014 times

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by azimuthaviation »

But isnt ACA redundant if you have that position?

ACA AME, ACA Lead, and Crew Chief would all already have ACA? So how can someone be in those positions and not getting the +7%?

jetsetfly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jetsetfly »

Like I said in my previous post anyone joining Encore is Guaranteed a course as soon as there is one you will be put in and after that you get ACA right away.

Return to “Maintenance”