Anyone interested in setting up an AMO in Toronto

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

The Bandit
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by The Bandit »

Was wondering if there was any interest in any AME's whom might want to work out setting up an AMO maintauining or PC-12's (X2) and working out profit sharing for other work that comes in. Just kicking tires to see if theres interest.
---------- ADS -----------

The Tool
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by The Tool »

H-m-m-m-m-m "profit sharing" with a fella who goes by the name of The Bandit..... yeeeeeeah fer sure :lol:

The Bandit
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by The Bandit »

I'm looking to cut costs on our PC-12's. We finance your start up and pay you a salary, you get work and split with us and perhaps you do well and my maintaining bills cap......nothing to do with the name. Our base is CYKZ, there is alot of bussiness in that area. I'm looking to save my costs and at same time you make a living. This offer is not going to be forever....once in a lifetime with our operation.
Food for thought!!!!
Bandit!

Mitch Cronin
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Mitch Cronin »

It's an interesting idea, but how would this work:"<i>my maintaining bills cap</i>"

That's a pretty hard thing to achieve with any aircraft... if not impossible..
Minimized to some degree, sure, but "cap"? How could anyone agree to a cap when the unknown is always a possibility?

planeguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Question

Post by planeguy »

Would this AMO have any interest in hiring apprentices??? let's say ummmm i don't know... 4th year A&P licensed. I'm a senile young man who believes that the aviation industry in Canada would hire me if i had enough experience and wouldn't hire me because i have more than their looking for. so hopefully if your AMO rotates and lifts off, you can let me know that you're thinking about taking on a couple low waged,beggar-profile apprentices like me. if not, good luck anyway, maybe somebody would hire me so i'd have somewhere to put my toolbox, my tools, and all the education and training i bought.

GoWrench
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by GoWrench »

Shoot me an email with some more info please. I have, and may know of someone else with an interest. Lets talk.
Email me @ gowrench@yahoo.com
Thanx Nick.

gigglybearings
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by gigglybearings »

I am interested in such an opportunity. I will need more details and information that will determine how secure this move may be.

E-mail me more details so that I can ponder it some more.

gigglybearings@hotmail.com

Thanks...

The Bandit
Rank 1
Rank 1

AMO in Toronto CYKZ

Post by The Bandit »

Tried e-mailing both parties with no luck. The offer still stands. Please no apprentices as I'm trying to establish a base at this point.
RM

benchmark
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Anyone interested in setting up an AMO in Toronto

Post by benchmark »

The Bandit wrote:Was wondering if there was any interest in any AME's whom might want to work out setting up an AMO maintauining or PC-12's (X2) and working out profit sharing for other work that comes in. Just kicking tires to see if theres interest.
would this "other work" be pc12's as well? what series are your pc12's? (or just give me s/n's...i can figure it out)

The Bandit
Rank 1
Rank 1

AMO in Toronto CYKZ

Post by The Bandit »

The work would be anything not just PC-12 based. Our planes are 1999 model and 2003 model. The idea is that you'd only be used maybe 1-2 times every couple of months for our planes plus routine crap that comes up..(not very much) the rest of the time other work on other planes.
The Bandit

The Bandit
Rank 1
Rank 1

AMO in Toronto CYKZ

Post by The Bandit »

Thanks for the input people, I've established an operation/option to work out a way to cap my costs. Thanks for the inputs. Oh ya, I do not believe we have a need for apprentices...sorry.
The Bandit

beaver22322
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by beaver22322 »

Hey Bandit : Are you looking for an experience pilot / engineer

Return to “Maintenance”