AME Wages - AME's Unite!!

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: AME Wages - AME's Unite!!

Post by NeverBlue »

Sorry that happened to you.

I am very close to someone who was involved in the same sort of thing. I worked for the same company at the time.

But I also know someone who was involved in an explosion at a worksite in which they were responsible for the storage of the dynamite that blew up. Very stressful as well...arrested...questioned...but in the end did their job as required and was completely exonerated.

He eventually just chocked it up to "the wrong place at the wrong time"
...it sucks, but it can happen to anyone when a loss of a human life is involved.

In general aviation accidents happen all the time and people unfortunately die as a result...there is always investigations when people die and, just like I posted earlier, when people die as a result of shotty auto repair work...it just doesn't happen as often 'cause you can always pull over if someone screws up a repair on your car.

It would be no different if a refridgeration mechanic somehow accidently plumbed CO into a classroom full of kindergarden kids...God forbid...but no different.

If the thought here is that we as AME's should be paid more because if we screw up bad things happen well...that's a completely backwards way of thinking of things in my opinion.
---------- ADS -----------

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

NeverBlue wrote: It would be no different if a refridgeration mechanic somehow accidently plumbed CO into a classroom full of kindergarden kids...God forbid...but no different.

Horrible comparison, that doesn't even make sense...but I am not surprised.

You don't even need to bring the "responsibility factor" in to play when you talk about average AME salary. It is bad compared to other people that use tools to make a living. Period.

We can talk about VP's at Viking or "I make 100g's a year where I am and have 6 weeks holidays"...etc, etc.....but any half-wit human-being that can type into Google search bar can figure out this trade is a loser, you don't need the "fairytale few" here to tell you anything that isn't out there in black and white.

Schimunga
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Schimunga »

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

You really want to play "who can find the lowest wage online" game?? because I will win...

also, all those wages you posted beat AME's 70% of the time, you know it...I know it. I get it, is hard to swallow that the AME choice was a bad one, but don't confuse the facts with hurt feelings.

You guys keep telling yourselves you are on par with other trades but really you are just sticking your heads in the sand. Just because you don't want it to be true, doesn't mean it isn't I'm sorry to say.

baileyrory
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by baileyrory »

There's always a young newbie who's willing to work for next to nothing to get his foot in the door.

NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by NeverBlue »

A 310T mechanic needs 2000 more hours training than an AME...that's almost 2 more years according to TC rating system.

...and a plumber??...well you can have that job anyday...like a pipeline welder...something new and challenging everyday... :roll: ...I'll stay here thanks.

You're comparing apples and oranges genious.

Oh ya...but you make enough so you can get a loan from the bank should you need one right? Like all those in Alberta who are now selling their RVs, ATVs and snow machines...

Right TS?

NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by NeverBlue »

you don't need the "fairytale few" here to tell you anything
That's right...your fairy tale is true but everyone else is full of crap.

...cause we all have loser jobs right? :roll: in a loser industry right?

You should write a column or something in the Gazette TS. :lol:

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

That's right...your fairy tale is true but everyone else is full of crap.

Never said that, just stating facts.

...cause we all have loser jobs right? :roll: in a loser industry right?

Never once said the AME profession is crap, but you are correct the aviation industry is miles behind most trades. Again, I have experienced both sides...you have not.

You're comparing apples and oranges genious.

Comparing AME's to other professions that use tools to make a living, how is that apples to oranges again?

Oh ya...but you make enough so you can get a loan from the bank should you need one right? Like all those in Alberta who are now selling their RVs, ATVs and snow machines...

I do, but irrelevant. Just because people that worked in the patch mismanaged there financial situation has absolutely zero to do with the AME average salary in Canada.

A 310T mechanic needs 2000 more hours training than an AME...that's almost 2 more years according to TC rating system.

Care to break that down for all to see?, then I will point out why that was a very stupid statement.

Schimunga
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Schimunga »

No Troubleshot it wasn't a bad choice. Yes, there was a time that I thought I could have done better but then I matured and grew out of my whiny little b!tch phase. Now I'm home every night, work days, live in an awesome part of the country and just shy of making six digits. Not bad I would say.

Working with numerous other trades showed me aviation is not a bad route. I've worked with guys in other trades that hate what they do and complain so much about it that it would make the likes of you, PR and Stumps look like cheerleaders for aviation. You guys have nothing on some of the tradesmen that I have worked with.

Things is Troubleshot is that you made a blanket statement that other trades that use tools make more then AME's and I gave you examples that prove otherwise. Do you want more? I know many AME's that make much more then then those examples I posted. I think your 70% claim is off. Why don't you back that statement up?

And judging by how you respond on here sometimes makes me think you are the one with emotional issues.

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

Schimunga wrote:No Troubleshot it wasn't a bad choice. Yes, there was a time that I thought I could have done better but then I matured and grew out of my whiny little b!tch phase. Now I'm home every night, work days, live in an awesome part of the country and just shy of making six digits. Not bad I would say.

Working with numerous other trades showed me aviation is not a bad route. I've worked with guys in other trades that hate what they do and complain so much about it that it would make the likes of you, PR and Stumps look like cheerleaders for aviation. You guys have nothing on some of the tradesmen that I have worked with.

Things is Troubleshot is that you made a blanket statement that other trades that use tools make more then AME's and I gave you examples that prove otherwise. Do you want more? I know many AME's that make much more then then those examples I posted. I think your 70% claim is off. Why don't you back that statement up?

And judging by how you respond on here sometimes makes me think you are the one with emotional issues.

Once I have time in front of my computer I will post at least 10 examples ok? Or more if you wish , problem is though aviation companies do not post wages publicly very often...why do you think that is? I assume you've done a few google searches already and have found very little. But I'll get actual pay scales from various sources from friends

I see you are also trying to cut down my character with "I have emotional issues". This is typical 6 year old behaviour when one starts to lose a debate/argument. Seems to me you are still firmly in your B!tch phase.

Everyone just loves the Aviation industry for about 5 years at a time, guys like yourself are just on top of the world making a claimed 6 figures (with how much O/T by the way?), all day shifts, 9-5...until the price of oil sky rockets or there is a terriorst attack, wind changes direction, etc, etc....I've been there, done that more than once cupcake, you think I am some unemployable apprentice there guy? And you are only in the nice part of the country until you gotta move back to YYZ or YUL because all the other gigs get phased out and that is all that is left, also been there... done that.

Explain to me which numerous trades you have worked with ?? I mean you should be pretty busy with your dream gig no? Many plumbers working with you on the ramp is there? what a load...

I'll be right back...

Schimunga
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Schimunga »

Sorry TS that I didn't get back to you sooner. I was on days off and debating with you isn't a high priority.

No. There is no plumbers on the ramp here where I work but when I did take a year off from aviation I did get to work with millwrights, electricians, welders, heavy equipment operators, plant operators and last but not least your favourite (drumroll please)... heavy duty mechanics. So I did get to talk to a few of these people and got to know a bit about there vocation. Sure some made good money if it was oilsands related work but outside that industry it was no different then what I'm making or a few other AME's I know.

It looks like you have a lot of time in front of your computer. It seems that you are quick to respond on here. Not to mention how many times you respond. That list you have should be pretty long then, right cupcake.

One last question. Why are you so sore? Did I strike a nerve? You sure got pissy on that last one. (The next one should be a doozy)

NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by NeverBlue »

Never once said the AME profession is crap,
Now that's just a bold face lie TS.

Integrity is character required in aviation TS...seems like you made the right choice in getting out.

NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by NeverBlue »

Care to break that down for all to see?
6000 hours OTJ training and 720 hours classroom training required to get certified.

Aviation requires only of 2400 hours OJT and 2400 classroom training.

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

Schimunga wrote:Sorry TS that I didn't get back to you sooner. I was on days off and debating with you isn't a high priority.

No. There is no plumbers on the ramp here where I work but when I did take a year off from aviation I did get to work with millwrights, electricians, welders, heavy equipment operators, plant operators and last but not least your favourite (drumroll please)... heavy duty mechanics. So I did get to talk to a few of these people and got to know a bit about there vocation. Sure some made good money if it was oilsands related work but outside that industry it was no different then what I'm making or a few other AME's I know.

It looks like you have a lot of time in front of your computer. It seems that you are quick to respond on here. Not to mention how many times you respond. That list you have should be pretty long then, right cupcake.

One last question. Why are you so sore? Did I strike a nerve? You sure got pissy on that last one. (The next one should be a doozy)

You know what Schimunga? I am not going to even this discussion with you. I was filled in on you buddy, as in your real story...not your internet story. I think you should just get up from your chair and leave. Not that I would ever post anything publicly but I am sure as shit not gonna debate this topic with you...especially you. I'm sure you know what I mean.

did that strike a nerve??

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

NeverBlue wrote:
Never once said the AME profession is crap,
Now that's just a bold face lie TS.

Integrity is character required in aviation TS...seems like you made the right choice in getting out.
Show me where I said being an AME is a crap profession...always have maintained it is the aviation industry that is in the toilet. I've always said being an AME is a very respectful job. And cut and paste my whole post, not just 3 or 4 words (like you always do to try and make your brain dead point.)

You are seriously gonna try and lecture me about integrity?...On a website forum full of your peers not one person here can even stand to talk to you, there is a reason you have the last post in just about every topic you post in...you are a thread killer, as in people don't think you are right, they think that your skull is literally too thick to debate with so they just stop.

People here have time and time again proved your questionable technical knowledge, as well as, your understanding of regulations. You are a chump and AvCanada knows it so I am not gonna sweat anymore drivel coming from your keyboard. Class A troll.

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

NeverBlue wrote:
Care to break that down for all to see?
6000 hours OTJ training and 720 hours classroom training required to get certified.

Aviation requires only of 2400 hours OJT and 2400 classroom training.

Just to set this straight, I'll ask you one question. when you were apprenticing in 1945 did you only work 100 hours a month? There is a reason aviation structures their experience by months and not by hours.... but I know you know what that reason is... right?

I swear you just like to be difficult, surely you can't be this dull.

NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by NeverBlue »

Show me where I said being an AME is a crap profession...always have maintained it is the aviation industry that is in the toilet. I've always said being an AME is a very respectful job.
If you can't understand you contradict yourself in that statement then I can't help you.

:?

Last edited by NeverBlue on Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by NeverBlue »

There is a reason aviation structures their experience by months and not by hours
What the F???

last time I checked an hour was 60 mins...no matter how many months you're talking about

:roll:

NeverBlue
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by NeverBlue »

and lets see...in your last three posts you've called me a chump, a troll and told Schimunga to get lost.

...so no...I'm not going to lecture you about integrity at all...

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Neverblue.....integrity.... lecture..

:lol:

Im curious though, since you're so horny for this industry, why you did not respond to another recent thread where the middle aged IT guy wanted career guidance?
That thread(s) sat ignored for a week. You only replied with the usual crap after others spoke non positively about this business.
How come no rah rah bullshit right away from either you or your new friend?
I'll tell you why - you come here just to argue, not promote your beloved industry. But thats what a troll does.

Last edited by Pat Richard on Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Maintenance”