Greenwood Flying Club

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Moose47
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Greenwood Flying Club

Post by Moose47 »

G'day

Any former members of the CFB Greenwood Flying Club out there?

Cheers...Chris
---------- ADS -----------

toelessjoe
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Greenwood Flying Club

Post by toelessjoe »

Yep. Yep I are. Did my IFR there back in 96 I believe it was. :smt040

- Toeless.

Bradley Tucker
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bradley Tucker »

I never did training there but I flew there aircraft for Air Cadet Famil Flights. I knew Brian and Marg from my time around waterville.

CALGARYFLYER1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CALGARYFLYER1 »

Yep

MacEwen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MacEwen »

Yes, I got my initial PPL there and went on to be a Director and later got my instructor rating, instructing for a few years until I moved away.
I continue to maintain an instructor rating here in CYSH, Ontario.
RonM

derekreid
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by derekreid »

Small world - started my PPL at GFC (in Waterville, CCW3) and finished it at CYSH. Both great spots to learn the basics.

I noticed the GFC website has fallen off the face of the internet. Anyone know if it still in business? I'd love to rent when I'm in town this summer

aviatrix444
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aviatrix444 »

derekreid wrote:I noticed the GFC website has fallen off the face of the internet. Anyone know if it still in business? I'd love to rent when I'm in town this summer
If you have some time to kill and feel like getting angry, Google "Waterville airport and Michelin expansion".

Coles notes: a shady county counsellor strong armed the council into shutting down and essentially robbing GFC and the local owners of business and physical property (like brand new hangars which were forfeited by the closure) to demolish the airport and make room for a Michelin Tire expansion... That Michelin has no interest in. It's a very sore point. I kept my licence current there while I attended Acadia and grew very fond of the people and the operation. The council essentially refused to hear any pro-airport argument stating the job creation by an expanded tire plant far outweighed any economic gain from the airport. Which is all well and good. If Michelin actually had ANY interest in doing so.

Anyway. I hope everyone lands on their feet. They don't deserve this BS.

Return to “Flight Training”