proifr review...will be landing in Vancouver soon

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

devilunleashed88
Rank 0
Rank 0

proifr review...will be landing in Vancouver soon

Post by devilunleashed88 »

hey guys
I have been through the forum looking for reviews on proifr near boundary bay(shortlisted them after a lot of research over the net).
I just have a few questions to ask...

1)I have heard mostly good things about proifr...but there are also some negative reviews...I wanna know from people who have been there if the good things are true....as I understand a lot depends on me too.

2) I am little worried about the weather conditions in Vancouver during winters and how it might affect flight availability.

3) Again, for people who have been there....can you guys tell me how n which instructor to choose?

4) Lastly can someone please suggest some cheap accommodation near that area.

I apologize in advance if all or some of this has been covered previously in the forums...I am inquiring as I need latest and updated insight from you guys.
Cheers and a heartfelt thank you to everyone.
---------- ADS -----------

lazyeight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: proifr review...will be landing in Vancouver soon

Post by lazyeight »

1) there are positive and negative reviews for every school. Usually due to instructor. Don't set your sights on just one school. When you arrive do a tour of all the local schools. They should all spend at least .5-1hr walking you around, showing you the planes, maintenance and going over school fees. There are a number of very good schools in Vancouver.
2) expect to to little to flying from November through to the end of Feb. With a few nice days in between.
3) pick an instructor you get along with well. Flight schools have revolving doors and most instructors people have had in the past have likely moved on.
4) there are no cheap places to live, it's Vancouver. Unless you want to commute 45 minutes from Langley.

Spokes
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: proifr review...will be landing in Vancouver soon

Post by Spokes »

PROIFR does have some affordable accommodation available for student pilots at their 'Farm House'.

Wahunga!

Return to “Flight Training”