When does the PPL flight test expire?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

DEECEENINE
Rank 0
Rank 0

When does the PPL flight test expire?

Post by DEECEENINE »

Hey folks. I'm a new member here in AVCANADA. I passed my flight test and my written exam in December of 2015. The thing is I didn't apply to get mt private pilot license and I haven't flown since. I'm itching to get back into flying now that I have realized what I've been missing on. Until when is the PPL flight test valid? Where do I look for that information?
---------- ADS -----------

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: When does the PPL flight test expire?

Post by lownslow »

Unfortunately after a successful PPL flight test you only have one year to be issued your license. It looks like the one you did now just counts as a really thorough practice run.

Shiny Side Up
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Shiny Side Up »

Why do people do this? Wonder why license times are up? Unfortunately this is not uncommon.

We can't stop here! This is BAT country!
tmtfly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tmtfly »

Yes the PPL flight test is expired. Good News is your written is good for two years from the pass date

DEECEENINE
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DEECEENINE »

Thanks for everyone who answered. :smt023 It really sucks to know that my flight test has expired but I have to be optimistic and realize that my written exam is still valid. I just need to take the first step and that means going back to flight school. :smt032

Here's a quote that I'd like to share from Leonardo da Vinci. "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." :smt023

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

If you wait another year you will enjoy another wistful post about how your written test pass has also expired, but you still have a love for flying. Won't that be fun?

Get on with it.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

How can this possibly happen?

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

CpnCrunch wrote:How can this possibly happen?
I was exercising my new found privileges the day of my test :) Took my family up for a ride, then flew a 3 hr cross country the following morning :)

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by praveen4143 »

CpnCrunch wrote:How can this possibly happen?
Unfortunately, I have seen this happen a couple of times where I work too. It is very sad to see so many hours, days, weeks and months of effort go to waste. We try really hard and continue pushing people to get their exams/requirements done before things start to expire, but there is only so much we can do and the rest is up to the person whose money and effort is at stake.

Oftentimes, it is just that life happens (or $hit happens). But there are occasions when it is a matter of not taking things seriously enough or other things taking higher priority or just plain old laziness.

Edit: I have mostly seen this "mental block" when it comes to written exams, i.e., the person has done all the flying, passed the flight test and lets the test lapse. I did recently remind someone that their written exam is expiring in a few months and then came to know this person moved to a different provinces and after a lengthy back and forth, suggested visiting two of the local flight schools and sent away all the paper work we had so that training could be resumed. I just hope that my efforts weren't in vain.

Return to “Flight Training”