UL training around calgary

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Alav
Rank 2
Rank 2

UL training around calgary

Post by Alav »

Yeah I know y'all love to hate ultralights, figured I'd ask here anyway.

Any recommendations for ultralight training around Calgary? I'm at cfx2, but clearly I'll have to travel.

Not going anywhere with it, just looking to burn some holes in the sky for my own fun...

Suggestions?
---------- ADS -----------

LousyFisherman
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: UL training around calgary

Post by LousyFisherman »

Try Wayne Winters at Blue Yonder Aviation

LF

Women and planes have alot in common
Both are expensive, loud, and noisy.
However, when handled properly both respond well and provide great pleasure
Posthumane
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Posthumane »

I did some training with Wayne Winters (Blue Yonder Aviation) before I did my PPL training. Definitely a cheap way to get into the sky and get some hands on experience. However, I recommend you do a lot of self study using resources aimed at PPL students (From the ground up, flight training manual, FAA guides, etc.) The theoretical portion of the training was largely left up to the student to figure out him/herself, I found.

"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." -George Bernard Shaw
Alav
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Alav »

Yeah, Blue Yonder is light sport aviation now? was more looking for alternatives to Mr Winters. Heard enough mixed feedback that I'd like to at least explore other options.

Return to “Flight Training”