Oshawa / Durham Flying Club?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

ryanisflyin83
Rank 0
Rank 0

Oshawa / Durham Flying Club?

Post by ryanisflyin83 »

Hello all! This is my first post after being read-only for a few months. I love reading everyone's opinion on here which is why I wanted to ask if anyone had any suggestions for flying clubs in the Oshawa, Ontario / Durham Region ? I am working on my PPL at CYOO and while the school is great, I was hoping to find a club where I can make more contacts in the aviation community. Any suggestions? I apologize if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything except one post from 2004 that someone mentioned Oshawa Flying club and mentioned they were closed.

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Oshawa / Durham Flying Club?

Post by Blueontop »

I've been flying out of YOO since 2006 and never heard of one since the Oshawa flying club shut down. From my understanding whatever did remain integrated with Durham Flight Centre. You may already be doing your flying with them.

ctmorawetz
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ctmorawetz »

The closest thing to a Flying Club in Oshawa is COPA Flight 70. They don't have any aircraft to rent, nor do they offer flight training but they do have social events and fly outs that you would come to expect at a flying club.

http://www.copa70.com

Keep your stick on the ice - Red Green
ryanisflyin83
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ryanisflyin83 »

Thanks I will check COPA 70 out. Does anyone have any recommendations for flying clubs in the GTA that are welcoming to student/new PPL pilots?

Return to “Flight Training”