Transport Canada PPL Flight Test

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

shivam282
Rank 1
Rank 1

Transport Canada PPL Flight Test

#1 Post by shivam282 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:51 am

Hello all,

How does the Transport Canada PPL Flight Test go? I am nearly done my training and that is one of the few things I have left to do before I will wait until I'm 17 to get my PPL. Is it anything like the FAA test?I know that the FAA test has a huge 1 hour+ long interview with the examiner before the flight and he/she would ask you questions that would be similar to the questions on the written test, then they would go flying. If someone could please explain to me the step by step process from start to finish of how a full Flight Test would be conducted, and also how does a Partial Flight Test work?

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

praveen4143
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Transport Canada PPL Flight Test

#2 Post by praveen4143 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:13 am

I recommend that you read the PPL flight test guide - https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/ ... u-2494.htm

There is a ground and a flight portion to your test. Your instructor will conduct a mock flight test with you in the same manner than an examiner would so that you have a better idea on things and more importantly for the instructor to know that you're ready and can handle things. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just start reading through the flight test guide.

lhalliday
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Transport Canada PPL Flight Test

#3 Post by lhalliday » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:12 am

What are you worried about? Nobody asks a question like this unless they're worried.

Your flight school won't recommend you unless they're sure you'll pass: it goes on their record too. That's why we do a practice flight test. On my practice test the instructor (not my usual one) threw a couple of CPL-level exercises at me (e.g. diversion with ceiling at 1000 feet) to try to unsettle me. He didn't succeed. :-)

...laura

Return to “Flight Training”