Where to train?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

north
Rank 0
Rank 0

Where to train?

Post by north »

here's a question for all you who have finished your license's. Where in Canada do you recomemd doing your comercial license? I'm wrapping up my private license in about two weeks and plan to finish my comercial but were??
---------- ADS -----------

desksgo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by desksgo »

Your local flying club. Where are you located?

The airplanes all seem to fly the same regardless of where you go, so I wouldn't go chasing a commercial license across the country. Let's set you up with someone good in the province from which you are located. You're just as likely to get a lousy instructor at your local airport as you are 1000 miles away.

Airtids
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Airtids »

What Desks said, with the added benefit of possible employment with that operator when you are done. Good Luck!

Aviation- the hardest way possible to make an easy living!
"You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace!" Michael Franti- Spearhead
"Trust everyone, but cut the cards". My Grandma.
Highflyinpilot
Rank 8
Rank 8
Location: Holy Hell, is that what you look like in the morning

Post by Highflyinpilot »

Wherever you want :D

north
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by north »

I live in Alberta but I happen to be spending sometiime in Manitoba. So I am finishing my private here. I geuss my question should be do I stay with the instructor that got me threw my private or go home save some rent and find a new guy???

Highflyinpilot
Rank 8
Rank 8
Location: Holy Hell, is that what you look like in the morning

Post by Highflyinpilot »

Id say go home and save some rent and find a new instructor(To speed up the training), as long as you know that the flight school back home doesnt try and soak you for all you got.

P.S I say find a new instructor only because you can save alot of money living at home and not because your current instructor is no good, as I have no idea where or with who you did your training :)

Return to “Flight Training”