airshow

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

yak52
Rank 0
Rank 0

airshow

Post by yak52 »

Becoming an airshow pilot in canada? yes or no??
---------- ADS -----------

cgzro
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: airshow

Post by cgzro »

I'll be a downer, but I don't think its possible for most people to make money doing Airshows in Canada. There are perhaps a few exceptions but most folks subsidize it with a day job, or are retired with a bit of cash they don't mind slowly blowing. Often the show will simply provide you with some gas and a hangar.

Even in the US pilots like Tucker, Goulian, Wagstaff and Holland have flying schools that no doubt benefit from the advertising their name on the airshow circuit brings and likely provide a sizeable portion of their yearly income, and they have a much longer airshow season in the US.

Anyway I could be wrong and I'll be delighted to discover a bunch of airshow pilots in Canada making a decent living at it.

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

I agree there are few if any pilots that make a living from flying in airshows, they have other full time flying jobs to make their living from.

Of all the flying I ever did the airshow flying was the one job I just detested and was delighted to finally get out of it.

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Schooner69A
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Schooner69A »

I would dearly love to have got into the Camadian airshow milieu. However...

The country too big
The shows too few
The remuneration too little
The season too short.

It would be a great life as a part time job from something that would let you take the summer off...

Return to “Flight Training”