Instrument Proficiency Check

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

flyboy98
Rank 0
Rank 0

Instrument Proficiency Check

Post by flyboy98 »

Hello,

I did my Group 1 about two years ago. I would need a proficiency check to get it current again at this point. I am still trying to find work with an IFR operator. For the longest time, I assumed it didn’t matter if I let it “lapse” because a PPC used to count towards your IFR renewal anyways. I assumed you could kill two birds with one stone essentially. Now I have heard of some operators that requiring your IPC to be done before you do a PPC ride. Is this just an operator specific thing or do I really need a valid instrument rating before I do a PPC ride? If anyone can shed some light on this that would be great!
---------- ADS -----------

GQ4
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Instrument Proficiency Check

Post by GQ4 »

A PPC "counts" as an IPC and can be entered in your licensing booklet competencies section as an IPC. If an operator wants you to have a recent IPC before being hired, I would presume it is because they are concerned about spending extra money in training and want everyone to be confirmed at a certain base level coming into the company.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”