Harvs Air IATRA and ATPL online groundschools

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Idriveplane
Rank 6
Rank 6

Harvs Air IATRA and ATPL online groundschools

Post by Idriveplane »

Has anyone taken theses? Any input as to the quality of these online ground schools would be much appreciated.
---------- ADS -----------

ShawnR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Harvs Air IATRA and ATPL online groundschools

Post by ShawnR »

I am doing the CPL course now. I have just started, finished the first chapter last night. I am very impressed. The information is presented well, quizzes seem to keep you on track after each subsection or topic. Chapter quiz slapped me and told me to pay better attention. If you have a question, there is a forum for posting it to. Like any online course or self study program, I think the discipline to stay focused is the hardest part. Going to a classroom, the instructor talks for a few hours, we go home and study so you kinda need to treat this online format the same way imho. Watch the videos, do the reading, take the quizzes. Review what is not sinking in. Online does not mean easier, just more convenient. Or, in my case, available.

For me, king of distractions, I am trying to stay focused... ask me in three months. But the course format, I think, is very well done. Must work as Transport Canada continue to approve it. It is up to the student to be successful.

I hope that helps you.
Cheers
Shawn

jg24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jg24 »

Yup, as said above: definitely up to the student to be successful...requires self discipline. The videos are great but can be long and time consuming, after a while I just ended up flipping through the slides and doing the quizes. If I really was lost, I'd review using the videos, which often cleared everything up for me.

Did their IATRA course, gets my vote :smt023

Idriveplane
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Idriveplane »

Thank you both for the info!

Return to “Flight Training”