recent flight training funding info please

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

spool up time
Rank 0
Rank 0

recent flight training funding info please

Post by spool up time »

It's been years since I went through flight training and from my seat on a 737 I am so out of touch with what the kids are doing these days...

i was posed this question by an Air Cadet in my squadron.

" I'm currently a grade 12 student and am looking into becoming a pilot. I have done many researches and called many universities about the pilot programs that they offer. The problem that I have run into is that, the flying part of the program is not covered under OSAP. Not only that but I can't even get a bank loan, because I don't have a strong cosigner, and I do not wish to work 2 years full time to build a line of credit. So if you could help me find some tricks or show me a pathway I can take towards my dream, that would mean the world to me. "

with the recent conditions in our industry, I can't help but think there has to be a way for someone in this individuals shoes to be able to get funding.

thanks all in advance for help in answering this question
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”