Garmin 430/530 for FSX

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Garmin 430/530 for FSX

Post by CpnCrunch »

I've bought a few Garmin 430/530 sims for FSX over the years, and they are invariably crap...they don't have all the features of the real thing, lack database, etc. I was doing some searching today to practice for my IPC, and I found one that is actually useful:

http://www.reality-xp.com/index2.html

It seems to work really well...it uses the actual Garmin trainer app, so it's identical to the real thing (at least I think so...I've only tested it out quickly). They have a 30% thanksgiving discount at the moment.

Note that you need to have SP2 installed if using FSX. Also, their buying process is straight out of the 1990s, but if you go through the hoops of downloading and extracting their silly .zip coupon, it does actually work.

PS, I'm not involved with this company at all. I just need some practice, and it's cheaper than renting a redbird.
---------- ADS -----------

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Garmin 430/530 for FSX

Post by 7ECA »

Doesn't Garmin have some sort of application/simulator for download, of the GNS430? I remember they used to years ago, but it was PC only, bloody clunky and difficult to install.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Garmin 430/530 for FSX

Post by CpnCrunch »

7ECA wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:47 pm Doesn't Garmin have some sort of application/simulator for download, of the GNS430? I remember they used to years ago, but it was PC only, bloody clunky and difficult to install.
Yes, that works well even in windows 10, but it doesn't interface with FSX so it's not quite the same as doing the flight on the sim, using the autopilot, etc.

Return to “Flight Training”