"Stickers" in Aviation Document Booklet

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

NeckStrain
Rank 2
Rank 2

"Stickers" in Aviation Document Booklet

Post by NeckStrain »

Good Evening All,

I finally received my Aviation Document Booklet - between the time of my application for it (September 2017) - and now (December 2017) (92 Days Service Standard - was quoted 90 days but there was a huge snow storm , so no worries) -

I completed my night rating and sent in that application to TC on October 24, 2017. Is there supposed to be a "Night" word underneath "Class: SEL" ? - similar to where Instrumental Rating, or Flight Instructor Rating would go.

Or will I be mailed some sort of sticker of the night rating at a later date when that application goes through ? (The website quotes 40 days maximum service standard, just around that now) - I thought they would just mail them together.

First time document holder - sorry if this is a dumb question.
---------- ADS -----------

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: "Stickers" in Aviation Document Booklet

Post by JasonE »

Whomever signed off your night rating can sign your book to authorize the rating. A sticker will show up in the mail eventually you can put over the signoff.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
Craig1983
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Craig1983 »

It's kind of like when ancient civilisations painted on their cave's walls and then along you came and put up wallpaper.

-Craig
Kejidog
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Kejidog »

hey there I completed mine the end of November and am still waiting for a sticker too. Their service standard is a bit of a joke. My ppl document took close to 5 months to arrive. I got a "sincere" apology from some TC mandarin.

jg24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jg24 »

Best thing to do, is after 2 months of waiting, call up the TC licensing office. It kind of gives them a nudge, kind of like a stuck car in winter. I've done it twice over the years of acquiring my stickers.

Return to “Flight Training”