Do old Instructor hours count?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Fishizl
Rank 1
Rank 1

Do old Instructor hours count?

Post by Fishizl »

Hi,
Back in 1991 I started (and never finished) my Class IV Instructor Rating, did a little flying in BC instead but never completed the IR course. Fast forward to today, I will be 53 in May and finally thinking of finishing my Instructor rating and getting back into flying. I have the training log indicating my 30 hours ground is complete and 23-25 hours flying done (again back in 1991). Do these hours count towards me finishing my rating or are they somehow invalid.????
Yes I know I'll most likely have to cover more time to get caught up on both ground and flying but curious about my existing training if it counts. TIA
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Do old Instructor hours count?

Post by photofly »

Yes, they count.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Do old Instructor hours count?

Post by praveen4143 »

They will definitely count towards the TC requirement. Whether they "count" towards your knowledge is a different question altogether.

Short answer, yes.

Return to “Flight Training”