Converting expired CPL IR into FAA

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Throttleaddiction
Rank 0
Rank 0

Converting expired CPL IR into FAA

Post by Throttleaddiction »

Hi,
I am new at this forum. And I am looking for guidance, if anyone has fresh info in this regard. I will be obliged.
Can anyone pls guide me method to covert my Pakistan expired CPL IR into FAA CPL IR?
Actually I got break from personal and family matters and thinking again to go for my dream profession (if I can have valid licence and could get job as well). I Checked from PK CAA where I have to write 11 exams again I beleive, since my licence been expired for more than 5 yrs. So thinking to get FAA because FAA licence has more worth worldwide. And this is if I could find getting this licence with less or equal hardship of studies. And budget will be another issue for me to manage.
Looking forward.
Regards.
---------- ADS -----------

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Converting expired CPL IR into FAA

Post by SuperchargedRS »

You know this is avCANADA and the FAA is part of the US right?

Wouldn't it be better to get a license for a country you would legally be able to work in (probably not the US).

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificat ... ification/

Throttleaddiction
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hi SuperchargedRS, thanks for the input. Actually my old time coursemates talk about benefits of FAA. Thats the reason I am exploring fast, economical, more beneficial and easy way to get my CPL back.
I am also seeking guidance if Canadian CPL is convenient to get. My pilot friend in Canada tells me that job opportunities for experienced pilots are there as well.
Looking forward.
Thanks.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

Fair enough, the US stuff is nice because, minus flight instructor certificates, it never expires.

That said, what's your citizenship and where do you have the right to work?

Meaning if you can work in Canada, but can't in the US, might as well just convert to Canada, VS convert to the US AND then to Canada, if that makes sense.

jg24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jg24 »

For converting, you need a valid license and medical. Your medical validates your license. In Canada, for example: Class 3 medical = PPL, Class 1 medical = CPL/ATPL....

If the regulations with your CAA states that you need to write exams, or pass a flight test, then that needs to be done and signed off in your license. Only then can you look at the next step into converting. Do a search on the TC (Transport Canada) and FAA websites for detailed steps on the conversion.

Throttleaddiction
Rank 0
Rank 0

Thank you.
So I understand that I need to renew my own licence before I get it converted into Caandian or US.
Regards.

Return to “Flight Training”