Spectrum Airways

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

almostbutnotquite
Rank 0
Rank 0

Spectrum Airways

Post by almostbutnotquite »

Did anyone of you go to Spectrum Airways for training? How was your experience? How often do they hire flight instructors? Is there a big chance to be hired as one upon completion of instructor rating?

Thanks in advance! :)
---------- ADS -----------

20DMEYYZ
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Spectrum Airways

Post by 20DMEYYZ »

i used to rent there and noticed most instructors were internally trained so that could still hold true. it's a good location but their legacy skyhawks were in rough shape and i even seen a Transport Examiner that was critical about the condition of an aircraft.

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

i even seen a Transport Examiner that was critical about the condition of an aircraft.
Was the aircraft airworthy?

Flyfishermen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Flyfishermen »

They have new gen 172s mostly now..also they hire from with in as much as they can.

towerwind
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by towerwind »

there's definitely better places to go instruct....$21 a hour starting for a Class 3 pretty pathetic.
All the FTU's are looking for instructors right now. Do yourself a favor and visit some of them before singing up with Spectrum.
flightlevel007 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:18 am Towerwind,

Spectrum Airways pays $21/hr for class 3 instructors. You get paid for the time you bill students (PGI, DUAL), no extras (Night Rating Solo Supervision not paid, 16 hrs a month "pilot duty" desk job not paid).

Busy flight school good for building time, but low income.

FL025,

Return to “Flight Training”