Transport Canada PPL Study Guide

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

avcraig
Rank 1
Rank 1

Transport Canada PPL Study Guide

Post by avcraig »

Hey all,

On the Transport Canada PPL Study Guide online there are black dots next to things I definitely need to know (things that will for sure be on the test).

I have studied enough that I pretty much know everything about the subjects with the black dots(I've been told to focus on these areas mainly), I am highly confident with these areas.
One thing I've noticed is that most of the practice exams I've done, the majority of the questions are from the black dotted subjects, and I haven't seen many other questions
about the other subjects to be honest, and yes, I have been doing well on these practice exams (usually 80-90's).

I have some brief knowledge in the other areas without the black dots (but not too much).

Do you guys recommend going in to write the final at TC, or actually go over all the other subjects without the black dots. I've procrastinated this exam for quite a while and I'm really close to the end of training...

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

flyingjerry
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Transport Canada PPL Study Guide

Post by flyingjerry »

It's 60%. If you're currently getting 80 and 90, go write the test. After you pass (which you will) the administrator will give your results with the questions you got wrong to fill any gaps in your knowledge.

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Transport Canada PPL Study Guide

Post by PilotDAR »

Do you guys recommend going in to write the final at TC, or actually go over all the other subjects without the black dots.
I'd study everything you can. Your goal should be to become knowledgeable, with the exam being just a step along the way. Some of those other "non dotted" items might be worth knowing some other time during flying. A PPL is way more than just having passed exams!

Return to “Flight Training”