Flight schools in Montreal area

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

signals
Rank 0
Rank 0

Flight schools in Montreal area

Post by signals »

Hi ... I would like to have your opinions on these 4 schools: Air Richlieu, Cargair (st-hubert), dorval aviation and saint hubert flying school

I just moved to Montreal a few weeks ago for an office job, and I want to start my training for the PPL as soon as possible (my goal is to get a CPL + ratings and work afterwards for a career change). I am only considering those 4 school at the moment as these are the only ones that can be reached by public transport (I live in downtown Montreal and don’t have a car).

I have visited Air Richlieu and Cargair (st-hubert), and did a Fam flight with Cargair so far.

When I visit Air Richlieu, I got a feeling that the staff just want me to get out of the door so that he can get back to his book (no flying that day due to bad weather), and they are slow on replying emails.

For Cargair, I got a more welcoming feeling than Air Richlieu (on the same day when I was also visiting Air Richlieu). When I did the Fam flight on a different day with Cargair, it seems that the office is really busy (mostly with the Chinese student), but I enjoyed the time when I was flying with my instructor.

I haven’t been to dorval aviation and saint hubert flying school so far, but what do you guys think about these 4 schools?

I have read some older post about the flight schools in Montreal area, but it seems that all the post that I have located are at least a few years old (prior to 2014), is there any recent review of the flight schools available?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

MarkyMark90
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Flight schools in Montreal area

Post by MarkyMark90 »

Send me a PM

My dream is to fly... Over the rainbow, so high!!
rk1996
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Flight schools in Montreal area

Post by rk1996 »

Huh, I really wanted to start my training with Air Richelieu but i'm really concerned about what you've said.

I'm interested too, to know how are these Montreal flight school since i'm planning to enroll in an Integrated program next year but all informations i did find in this forum seems a but outdated to me...

Thanks...

Return to “Flight Training”