Licence renewal time

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

CJ3PILOT
Rank 3
Rank 3

Licence renewal time

Post by CJ3PILOT »

Does anyone know how long from the time you send in the forms until you get your new licence back.I sent my forms in
3 months ago and still haven't got it yet.
---------- ADS -----------

jg24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Licence renewal time

Post by jg24 »

Make a phone call to your regional TC office, or send an email. Usually that unclogs the drain and magically, I get my stuff within the week of the call/email. I usually include my license number, name and DOB, for identification purposes if by email.

lhalliday
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lhalliday »

Mine sat in the pile for two months. Then I phoned them, and had my new document in a week.

YMMV.

...laura

CJ3PILOT
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CJ3PILOT »

I sent them a email so we will see what happens.Thanks everyone.

geneticistx
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by geneticistx »

Pacific Region TC has some great and responsive folks working there. When I have needed something answered or addressed, both for aircraft or licensing or medical, they have been great. I've even had someone answer the published phone number from time to time, but leaving a voicemail has also been productive. If you have any questions, call them ;)

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

CJ3PILOT wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 12:10 pm I sent them a email so we will see what happens.Thanks everyone.
I went the email route.

It took one month to get an answer saying that they did not received my form!
I sent another one via Fedex this time. Once sure my second application arrived, I replied to the email saying that a second one was there according to Fedex and due to circumstances I needed my new pilot aviation booklet within a month if possible.
This was dealt with and I got it inside 3 weeks.

So yes made them aware of your situation.
They can be pretty busy. In Ontario for example I believe there is only two persons dealing with aviation booklets. One in Toronto, the other one in Kitchener.

Return to “Flight Training”