Garmin 430W

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

maturepilot83
Rank 2
Rank 2

Garmin 430W

Post by maturepilot83 »

Is there a away to select differe I nt annunciations on the 430 when shooting an RNAV approach to different minimums? Example: Switching between LPV and LNAV+V/LNAV minima on the same approach without having to disable WAAS on the SBAS Selection page. I sifted through the manual and could not find anything.
---------- ADS -----------

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Garmin 430W

Post by Zaibatsu »

Never used a 430 for anything but VFR but on the military grade Proline setup they are differentiated on whether you arm approach mode or not. LNAV/VNAV will automatically annunciate and scale, LPV needs to be armed.

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Garmin 430W

Post by 5x5 »

SBAS is it as far as I know. And it kind of makes sense as the device is made for actual use and not specifically for training. In actual use it will show you the most precise approach available because that's what you'd want to use. Is there some reason that the SBAS selection isn't satisfactory?

Being stupid around airplanes is a capital offence and nature is a hanging judge!

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain

Return to “Flight Training”