TC CPL Instrument time requirement.

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

TopGun1234
Rank 1
Rank 1

TC CPL Instrument time requirement.

#1 Post by TopGun1234 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:06 pm

I'm a little confused as to how instrument time is credited towards the CPL requirements.

(https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/ ... 1-1086.htm)
DIVISION VII - COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENCE
421.30 Aeroplanes - Requirements

(4) Experience

(a) An applicant for a commercial pilot licence — aeroplane shall

(ii) following the issuance of a private pilot licence — aeroplane by Canada or another contracting state, have completed 65 hours of commercial pilot flight training in aeroplanes consisting of a minimum of:
(amended 2006/12/14; previous version)
(A) 35 hours dual instruction flight time, under the direction and supervision of the holder of a Flight Instructor Rating — Aeroplane, including:

(III) 20 hours of instrument flight time in addition to the experience stated in subclauses (I) and (II). A maximum 10 hours of the 20 hours may be conducted on an approved aeroplane simulator or synthetic flight training device.
Would the Instrument time completed during my entire training from the start (PPL-Night Rating-CPL) be able to be counted towards the 20hrs required for the CPL? Is it only the instrument time done post-PPL that can be credited?

Thx!
---------- ADS -----------

C-GGGQ
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: TC CPL Instrument time requirement.

#2 Post by C-GGGQ » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:22 pm

following the issuance of a private pilot licence — aeroplane by Canada or another contracting state, have completed 65 hours of commercial pilot flight training in aeroplanes consisting of a minimum of:
(A) 35 hours dual instruction flight time, under the direction and supervision of the holder of a Flight Instructor Rating — Aeroplane, including:
(I) 5 hours night, including a minimum of 2 hours of cross-country flight time;
(II) 5 hours cross-country, which may include the cross-country experience stated in subclause (I); and
(III) 20 hours of instrument flight time in addition to the experience stated in subclauses (I) and (II). A maximum 10 hours of the 20 hours may be conducted on an approved aeroplane simulator or synthetic flight training device.
It is in addition to your ppl requirements
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”