The PTR, Log Book and CPL requirements.

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

TopGun1234
Rank 1
Rank 1

The PTR, Log Book and CPL requirements.

Post by TopGun1234 »

deleted
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by TopGun1234 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: The PTR, Log Book and CPL requirements.

Post by CpnCrunch »

The CARS are pretty clear that if you have a night rating, that satisfies the night requirements.

I was in the same position as you: I did my night rating before I started my CPL PTR. My class 1 AP told me I should put in the night rating hours into my PTR. I disagreed, and didn't put them in. TC didn't seem to have a problem with that. My interpretation is that the PTR should only include training since you started the PTR.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: The PTR, Log Book and CPL requirements.

Post by photofly »

TC doesn't care what goes in your PTR- PTR's go in the bin as soon as they arrive at TC.

The only person you need to approve your PTR is the Authorized Person who is going to sign your Aviation Document Booklet with CPL privileges and send your application form in to Transport. So ask the AP you plan to use.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.

Return to “Flight Training”