What's your suggestion about training?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

frye189
Rank 1
Rank 1

What's your suggestion about training?

Post by frye189 »

Hi guys,

The time is running... I'm 18 y. old guy who wanna come to Canada for training. I consider Manitoba as one of the best places for training at least for me. So the price for that is 55K$(PPL, IR, ME, CPL). What I'm planning to do after is to take instructor rating for another 10K$. Totally it's not really cheap but we have what we have. What do you think about price expectation? Is it possible to finish the training with this kinda of prices or not? Probably you know a place to do it for a less price?

What's your suggestion about training? Do you think that after 1-2 years it'll be vacant positions on 703?

Also, what do you think about a degree? Is it much better to go to university like mount royal or take it after training?
---------- ADS -----------

CaptainArabic
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: What's your suggestion about training?

Post by CaptainArabic »

703/704 airlines hire young pilots with 700/800h of flight. A Multi IFR and IATRA are mandatory. These airlines can hire you on the King Air, on the Super King Air, or on the 1900D. You can progress to get airplanes like Saab 340s or Dash or ATR.

One example : Pacific Coastal
Another : Transwest Air
You can get pilot jobs on Internet ...

flyingjerry
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyingjerry »

If you're really good you can get it done for those prices. However I would plan for $80K and if you do it for less than great!

Your biggest problem is going to be finding a right to work in Canada. Have you thought about how you're going to do that?

SkySailor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SkySailor »

frye189 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:26 am Hi guys,

The time is running... I'm 18 y. old guy who wanna come to Canada for training. I consider Manitoba as one of the best places for training at least for me. So the price for that is 55K$(PPL, IR, ME, CPL). What I'm planning to do after is to take instructor rating for another 10K$. Totally it's not really cheap but we have what we have. What do you think about price expectation? Is it possible to finish the training with this kinda of prices or not? Probably you know a place to do it for a less price?

What's your suggestion about training? Do you think that after 1-2 years it'll be vacant positions on 703?

Also, what do you think about a degree? Is it much better to go to university like mount royal or take it after training?

The very same questions you're asking, are covered at least 3 or 4 times PER MONTH on this forum. In other words, take the 30 minutes or so to review the past couple hundred posts. It's all listed chronologically at the start of this forum. Thirty minutes may seem like an eternity in today's world of high speed internet "solutions", but you're entering a new period of life that doesn't coddle anymore.
Aviation is great, but consider a cheap backup plan while pouring those thousands into flying.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

frye189 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:26 am So the price for that is 55K$(PPL, IR, ME, CPL). ... What do you think about price expectation? Is it possible to finish the training with this kinda of prices or not?
$55k is only possible if you spend it all at once. Take eight months and make that training your whole life, including studying hard when you're not actively in a lesson.
frye189 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:26 am What I'm planning to do after is to take instructor rating for another 10K$.
Don't instruct if you don't love teaching. I promise it will be too tempting to do a shit job and that's not fair to your students.
frye189 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:26 am Do you think that after 1-2 years it'll be vacant positions on 703?
There will always be vacancies in 703. Always.
frye189 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:26 am Also, what do you think about a degree? Is it much better to go to university like mount royal or take it after training?
Your call. I don't know if the airlines care what your degree is in or if they just like to see it exists. If the latter, do a degree course online in basket weaving or something while working at a 703.

frye189
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by frye189 »

flyingjerry wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:20 am If you're really good you can get it done for those prices. However I would plan for $80K and if you do it for less than great!

Your biggest problem is going to be finding a right to work in Canada. Have you thought about how you're going to do that?
I'm thinking about the provincial nominee program. The thing is probably without a degree it would be hard.

CaptainArabic
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CaptainArabic »

frye189 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:17 am
flyingjerry wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:20 am If you're really good you can get it done for those prices. However I would plan for $80K and if you do it for less than great!

I'm thinking about the provincial nominee program. The thing is probably without a degree it would be hard.
I study how to immigrate as a pilot. You can see my thread on this category. I think the best provinces to immigrate are Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The worsts : Québec and Alberta. Why ??

SK and MB orgnaize an express nominee program for students who graduated from a province school. I talk about "a certificate, a degree, a diploma", so pilot licenses are included. You get a province sponsorship within 2 weeks and the P.R. within 6 months ( with Express Entry portal ).

To get AB sponsorship, you must have obtained a degree from an accredited college ( you can see the list on their official website ). The only accredited aviation program in AB is the one given my Mt. Royal University.

To get a study permit, the school must be a EED ( établissement d'études désigné - I dont know the English translation ). The EED accreditation is provided by provinces, you can get the list on IRCC website. In MB, it's easy to become EED school. In QC, the school must organize AEC courses in parallel with flight training, it increases the price.

frye189
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by frye189 »

CaptainArabic wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:16 am
frye189 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:17 am

I study how to immigrate as a pilot. You can see my thread on this category. I think the best provinces to immigrate are Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The worsts : Québec and Alberta. Why ??

SK and MB orgnaize an express nominee program for students who graduated from a province school. I talk about "a certificate, a degree, a diploma", so pilot licenses are included. You get a province sponsorship within 2 weeks and the P.R. within 6 months ( with Express Entry portal ).

To get AB sponsorship, you must have obtained a degree from an accredited college ( you can see the list on their official website ). The only accredited aviation program in AB is the one given my Mt. Royal University.

To get a study permit, the school must be a EED ( établissement d'études désigné - I dont know the English translation ). The EED accreditation is provided by provinces, you can get the list on IRCC website. In MB, it's easy to become EED school. In QC, the school must organize AEC courses in parallel with flight training, it increases the price.
It really helps! Thank you very much!

Return to “Flight Training”