Flight School

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

CALCRL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Flight School

Post by CALCRL »

Hi all,
First post after some months as a reader.
Little presentation : French, working as aircraft engineer in France, EASA PPL and 140 H, TC Class 1 OK. I plan to move to Canada to get a CPL/IR/ME at the end of the year.
PR is on the way, expected at the end of the year, so no problems to study / work in Canada (and Holiday Working Visa to start if PR not received at the end of the year).
I plan to move to Ontario (I got PR thanks to ON), I try to have some advice on following school that I have shortlisted after some internet search :
- Cornwall Aviation
- Brampton Flight Center
- Ottawa Flying Club
- Durham Flight Center
- Watterloo Wellington Flight Center
- Spectrum Airways
- …

I will do a trip in end of august to visit them and take decision, but I take all advice / review that I can have before.
I’m looking for a familiar school, honest, airport with not too much traffic (I don’t want to wait 30 min on the ground at every flight) and availability (instructors and aircrafts).

Last thing, I plan to get float rating after CPL/IR/ME, is any school in ON which can offer a CPL training on float ? I found some in BC (like air hart, Fort Langley Air…) but nothing in ON, if somebody has an idea !
Thanks in advance for your help
---------- ADS -----------

Kaykay
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Flight School

Post by Kaykay »

I’m not the most familiar with Ontario, but a quick search turned up places like Georgian Bay Airways which does float training in Ontario. Maybe look into that?

jg24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jg24 »

In regards to the float training: if you fo your training in the Ottawa area. Lake Country Airways sends a 172 on floats up there during the summer. Ask the Ottawa Flying Club or LCA directly for more info. OFC has lots of students that do theirs with LCA during the summer. Their insteuctors also teach floats for LCA from time to time.

CaptainArabic
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CaptainArabic »

Pilot training is a modular course, you can get your Float rating apart, in a different school.

And where do u live in France ??

CALCRL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CALCRL »

Hi Guys, thanks for information, I will have a look.

@CaptainArabic, check PM

Return to “Flight Training”