Absolute Aviation AB

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Edinburgh75
Rank 0
Rank 0

Absolute Aviation AB

Post by Edinburgh75 »

I have tried searches but just floods the results with every post containing “absolute”. Which, by the way, is a lot!

Does anyone have any insight into this flight school. Good or bad
---------- ADS -----------

Schooner69A
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Absolute Aviation AB

Post by Schooner69A »

This one...?

https://www.absoluteaviation.ca/

John

PS I put quotation marks around Absolute Aviation in the search box...

Edinburgh75
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Edinburgh75 »

That’s the one John. I couldn’t find anything on here which seems strange for a place that seems to have been operating a long time.

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Sometimes no news is good news. If they were terrible, you would find some bitching here typically. I'm out of touch with the local scene these days, but have never heard of them.

Edit:
Ok I quickly skimmed their website. They have a conventional gear trainer plus a vintage Waco. That's a really good sign.

They are at a nice quiet airport so if you are going for lessons you won't be wasting lots of money renting a plane and instructor for half an hour while you are number 5 for take off and planes keep landing.

The museum on that field is amazing and has a collection of antique farm equipment that is immense.

The town was nice and most of the people were friendly last time I was there.

It is close to Edmonton the way Canadians think, so if you are considering becoming an instructor students might drive out from the south side of that city. I don't like Edmonton but I'd still go check it out once in a while, the mall is interesting and was still the largest in the world until only a few years ago. The water park has a concrete beach with waves, a nice close escape from winter.

You would be a short drive to decent hunting and fishing.

The only negative that I can easily spot is winter is approaching. It can get chilly there and buried in snow. There are worse places (better if cold and snow is your thing) but it is going to be up there.

I wonder why my great grandfather brought his wife and child here to Canada via Glasgow 140 or so years ago. I would have gone south away from winters where the loch turns to ice. Eventually he went to Florida to retire. By that time his second son (my grandfather) was born here and used to it. So far Canada has not got bad enough for anyone in our family to get fed up and leave it hoping for a better life elsewhere..

Return to “Flight Training”