Flight Training Lesson at Boundary Bay (CZBB)

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Elkane616
Rank 0
Rank 0

Flight Training Lesson at Boundary Bay (CZBB)

Post by Elkane616 »

Hey guys,

I've decided to start my flight training at Pacific Flying Club at Boundary Bay (CZBB). I am fully aware the potential "downsides" for training at Boundary Bay - 0.2hobbs time away from the practice area, potential long line up for taking off, prioritize/time sharing with bcit student and young instructors who just got their CFI license.

Nevertheless, the instructor who gave me the fam flight is pretty knowledgeable and i felt comfortable training with him. I also lived about 15 minutes away from this airport and currently there is a long wait-list for Langley Flying School.

For people who trained in CZBB, may I ask you which part of the day is the busiest in this airport? If possible, I would like to schedule my flight training outside of these peak hours. I understand it is hard to say, as it is depends on the traffics. I would be greatly appreciated if anyone can share me some tips or advises to train in this airport.

All the best,
Sam
---------- ADS -----------

lhalliday
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Flight Training Lesson at Boundary Bay (CZBB)

Post by lhalliday »

Boundary Bay is the busiest GA airport in Canada. It's always nuts.

...laura

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Flight Training Lesson at Boundary Bay (CZBB)

Post by 7ECA »

It's nuts, especially on nice days. But, you can get around a lot of the lunacy that comes with Blunder Bay if you get there early - and get flying. Also, if you are willing to fly on days that aren't perfect VFR days, you'll be in luck as well.

And then there's the tailwheel guys, who are always game to go pound out some low level circuits.

Return to “Flight Training”