GFT

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

classified
Rank 1
Rank 1

GFT

Post by classified »

just wondering what anybody on here might know about Gander Flight Training (GFT). is it a good place to train? know anyone who's gone there, where are they working now?
---------- ADS -----------

seiger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by seiger »

Expensive, airplanes aren't great, training is pretty good though. I'd go to Moncton Flight College.

Techopsgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Techopsgirl »

GFT is the school I went to for my flying, from private up to instructor and mutli-rating. I think they cut their teeth on me, I one of the very early students, back when they had one plane full time and one parked for the winters, only used the second one for the air cadet training.
Haven't been there in 6 years, but back then they were ok. I enjoyed my time there, but if I had my time back I would have headed to MFC and would have saved myself a chunk of money.

whitey3205
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by whitey3205 »

NEw buliding since 6 years ago and a few more planes. Plus there is an airline side of the company for dispatch and groundhandling experience. Looks good on a resume if you have 200 hours.

2pwrr
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 2pwrr »

I worked there for a while the instructors are good the weather is bad you would have to look at their web page for a/c costs or contact them, remember some schools have fuel surcharges and other extra that arent obvious like briefs and debriefs that all add up to the overall cost of your training if you are going to spend 30,000 on training you should be able to afford to make a few phone calls and ask to speak to the instructors
good luck with the flying

Return to “Flight Training”