Sault and Confederation Applicants. Check here.

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

sherryfly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Sault and Confederation Applicants. Check here.

Post by sherryfly »

Hey guys!

I have also applied to both Sault, and Confederation. I called the college, and they said the registrar who is doing the admissions ranking for the program will be back on Monday. Hopefully we all get accepted!
---------- ADS -----------

shawnthesheep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by shawnthesheep »

sherryfly wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:35 am Hey guys!

I have also applied to both Sault, and Confederation. I called the college, and they said the registrar who is doing the admissions ranking for the program will be back on Monday. Hopefully we all get accepted!
Yes! Comment back if you hear anything!!

sherryfly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sherryfly »

For sure!! =)

shivam282
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by shivam282 »

Good luck to both of you. :)

sherryfly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sherryfly »

shivam282 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:07 pm Good luck to both of you. :)
Thanks and you as well!

abrahamsedim
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by abrahamsedim »

Just curious, what is your average for those who got wait listed?

sherryfly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sherryfly »

Anybody hear back from the college yet?

shawnthesheep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by shawnthesheep »

abrahamsedim wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:29 pm Just curious, what is your average for those who got wait listed?
I'm in Alberta apparently they take Ontario students first but average was 75ish all university courses none at the college level.

shawnthesheep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by shawnthesheep »

sherryfly wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:49 pm Anybody hear back from the college yet?
Not from Sault. Kinda throwing me off.

shivam282
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by shivam282 »

Hey guys, so I contacted the program coordinator for Sault and she just got back to me a few minutes ago. She says that offers have not been sent out yet and they are still under the process of ranking applicants. No idea when they will send out offers, but whenever it does happen it will first update the ontario colleges site, and then there will be an email sent, and then they will send mail. I’ll update with more info as a I receive it.

shawnthesheep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by shawnthesheep »

shivam282 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:14 am Hey guys, so I contacted the program coordinator for Sault and she just got back to me a few minutes ago. She says that offers have not been sent out yet and they are still under the process of ranking applicants. No idea when they will send out offers, but whenever it does happen it will first update the ontario colleges site, and then there will be an email sent, and then they will send mail. I’ll update with more info as a I receive it.
Thanks buddy!

sherryfly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sherryfly »

shawnthesheep wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:20 am
shivam282 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:14 am Hey guys, so I contacted the program coordinator for Sault and she just got back to me a few minutes ago. She says that offers have not been sent out yet and they are still under the process of ranking applicants. No idea when they will send out offers, but whenever it does happen it will first update the ontario colleges site, and then there will be an email sent, and then they will send mail. I’ll update with more info as a I receive it.
Thanks buddy!
Thanks so much!!

sherryfly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sherryfly »

Hey everyone check Ontario Colleges now. I just got accepted 😭

shivam282
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by shivam282 »

sherryfly wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:50 am Hey everyone check Ontario Colleges now. I just got accepted 😭
Nothing else yet for me.

JLay
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JLay »

For those who got accepted to confed what was your average? I was accepted to sault and on the waitlist for confed. I got a letter from confed saying they only start making calls off of the waitlist in the summer :/

sherryfly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sherryfly »

JLay wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:04 pm For those who got accepted to confed what was your average? I was accepted to sault and on the waitlist for confed. I got a letter from confed saying they only start making calls off of the waitlist in the summer :/
I was also waitlisted at Confed with a 90.0% average. Seems they have a lot of applicants this year.

JLay
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JLay »

sherryfly wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:51 am
JLay wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:04 pm For those who got accepted to confed what was your average? I was accepted to sault and on the waitlist for confed. I got a letter from confed saying they only start making calls off of the waitlist in the summer :/
I was also waitlisted at Confed with a 90.0% average. Seems they have a lot of applicants this year.
Oh wow, does anyone know exactly how the waitlist system actually works? Have they already accepted everyone and then by slim chance if somebody cancels their acceptance last minute they go to the waitlist or what?

shawnthesheep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by shawnthesheep »

JLay wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:44 pm
Oh wow, does anyone know exactly how the waitlist system actually works? Have they already accepted everyone and then by slim chance if somebody cancels their acceptance last minute they go to the waitlist or what?
Hey unfortunately being out of province and not getting offers from Sault or Confederation I'm planning to actually just get an education out of aviation (Criminology degree)

TailwheelPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TailwheelPilot »

There is a lot of overlap between the colleges with early offers of acceptance. Each college may have 80 spots, but the same 80 people could get early acceptance to every college despite there being a few hundred spots to fill.

The programs are not easy to upgauge so the colleges cannot start offering other people those spots until they know who is declining their offers. The second round is similar but perhaps a little less overlap and so on until all spots are full. One college grad told me he only got his offer a week or two before classes began.

Luke Spectre
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Luke Spectre »

JLay wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:44 pm
I got in with 81% avg

Return to “Flight Training”