CPL writtens

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

flyguychevy
Rank 0
Rank 0

CPL writtens

Post by flyguychevy »

Anyone recently did the cpl writtens and can offer some feedback? I’m ready to write but I’m so nervous from all the horror stories I’ve been hearing about it
---------- ADS -----------

youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: CPL writtens

Post by youhavecontrol »

The hardest part for me was the air law. I used the Cul-ane books for the CPL and they helped out a lot. It's not easy, but it's certainly not impossible. The TC study guide is very helpful as a checklist of what you should be aware of.

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."
ShawnR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ShawnR »

I wrote last summer. Air law was my worst too but scraped by. I used Harv's CPL online to prepare. In hindsight, I did the minimum practice exams to get my letter of recommendation but I should have done more practice exams. At Harv's, you need to do 3 and get a specific average but, iirc, 8 are available. I was running out of time on my subscription with Harv's so crammed and rushed near the end. Online courses are all about time management. I feel the course was very well presented. Up to the student to figure out how to best use the material, according to how he/she lands best. I also used the maximum time for the exam but did do it all and reviewed a few questions. I probably doddled too long on some questions early on.

If you can find some practice exams, do them, honestly, and that will give you your best indicator. Questions are not obvious answers as some tests are, but also, not tricky. Answer all the ones you know or feel good about, then go back and complete or attempt the ones you need to spend more time on.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck! I am now working on the air work portion.

Cheers, Shawn

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Like everything, it's easy if you prepare properly. If you can get good scores on all the practice exams (I use Harv's pilottraining.ca) then you won't have any problem.

flyguychevy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyguychevy »

hey guys i wrote yesterday and passed it wasnt as hard as i thought or as everyone made it out to be. I used harvs air as primary source of study along with nizus.com, sharpers edge, FTGU and the AIM

maturepilot83
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maturepilot83 »

youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by youhavecontrol »

flyguychevy wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:34 am hey guys i wrote yesterday and passed..
Congratulations!

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."

Return to “Flight Training”