Sunwing Expands Cadet Program to MRU

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

gonnabeapilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Sunwing Expands Cadet Program to MRU

Post by gonnabeapilot »

Sunwing Airlines has expanded its cadet program to include MRU. Nice to see Sunwing expanding its program out of Ontario and into Western Canada. Definitely a great opportunity for those students in the program! Wish the industry's was in a similar place back when I was doing my flight training.
Mount Royal University partners with Sunwing Airlines
BRETT KLASSEN
Calgary Herald
Updated: March 21, 2019

The search for post-graduation employment for Mount Royal University aviation students has landed at the school’s front door.

The university has partnered with Sunwing Airlines in an association that will see the airline move graduates into their direct-entry cadet program.

Two students will be selected each year for the cadet program and given the opportunity to work their way up to become a first officer with the airline.

“It gives them opportunities as a first officer on a Boeing that they wouldn’t necessarily have in other jobs so soon after graduation,” said Deanna Wiebe, associate professor for Mount Royal’s two-year aviation program...
Full article here: https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-ne ... g-airlines
---------- ADS -----------

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Sunwing Expands Cadet Program to MRU

Post by DanWEC »

Not sure about the optics of promoting a cadet program right now.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Sunwing Expands Cadet Program to MRU

Post by confusedalot »

A sign of things to come? Not exactly like the european model, but something close to it.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

Return to “Flight Training”